49 | mistakes & apologies

Taehyung rushed out of the room leaving full on sobbing Jeongguk in the dorm.

The loud sound of the door made both of them flinch. Shutting their eyes, they let their tears stream down.

"I am so sorry." Taehyung whispered to himself, wiping the tears and started walking out. He didn't know where he will go to calm himself down but he couldn't be in that room.

That was suffocating.

Seeing Jeongguk crying and begging him to stay breaks him, breaks his heart into millions of pieces but he can't do anything. He needs to stay away from him.

Best friends.

Probably that's the limit they shouldn't have crossed. How much he regretted the moment he kissed Jeongguk. The moment when he said yes, the moment he gave his all. It all feels like a big mistake.

"Hey. You in your dorm?" he asked once he called Hoseok, his voice all cracked because of trying to keep those tears in.

-

"

What happened, Tae? You look pathetic." Hoseok commented seeing Taehyung's puffy eyes when he opened the door to his dorm.

"Is everything okay between you and Jeongguk?" he asked another question as Taehyung didn't answer and simply walked in.

"Everything is fine. Just had a fight with mom." he lied.

The red head wasn't ready or more like wasn't in a mood to spill it all at this point. He was here to forget about all those for some time and he better stick to his plan.

He slowly sat on the edge of the bed that belonged to Hoseok and looked over at the other bed where someone was already sleeping.

"Dude, how didn't I never meet your roommate, damn?" Taehyung asked.

"He is a party animal. He is always partying. His father is crazy rich and always throwing parties so he is most of the time spending time there. It's like i got this whole room to myself." Hoseok laughed taking a quick glance at the boy sleeping.

"Oh did I ever tell you, he is Park Violet's distant cousin?" Hoseok laughed, "Like what a coincidence."

"And you're telling me this now?" Taehyung asked in disbelief, his voice low because he didn't wanna wake the other up.

"I just found out some days ago and what would we do with that information?" Hoseok threw his arm over his friend's arm who nodded, "You're right. Moreover, I don't wanna talk about Violet. That girl just oof!"

"Will you both stop talking?" someone asked and both the red head and purple head flinched and saw that it was that boy slowly sitting up.

"You're awake, Jimin?" Hoseok asked low-key praying that he didn't hear them backbiting about his cousin.

"Yeah and heard how were talking about Violet." he laughed rubbing his left eye.

"We are so sorry. It's―" Taehyung apologized but paused for a moment when Jimin interrupted.

"It's fine folks, I really don't care. She must have done something. She is always up to finding a dick. Must've fucked with you too." the silver haired male sighed pushing the blanket away and sat in a way that he was now facing them fully.

"She did a lot." Hoseok shortly replied.

"Then you must be happy to hear that she got a dare to date a girl for a month. She was screaming like a mad man but well deserved I guess." he laughed.

"She ain't getting a dick for some days." Hoseok murmured.

"Did she fuck with you too?" Hoseok's roommate asked Taehyung who looked away.

"Not only with him, she also didn't spare his boyfriend but also thanks to her, that made Taehyung and Jeongguk close in some way? Ain't I right?" Hoseok nudged the red head's arm with his elbow who sighed.

"Let's not talk about that." Taehyung smiled, trying his best to be not that obvious.

"Dude, you okay?" Jimin saw Taehyung's face all red and asked to which Taehyung nodded.

"Yeah yeah!"

Taehyung got one thing that if he stayed here, he will have to answer these questions that were making his head pound.

After about an hour or even less, he was out of there and thought it would be better if he gets back. He needed some sleep. He felt like puking after all that traveling and also crying.

He decided he won't say anything to the other and won't answer any questions. Just take a bath and grab some sleep.

-

Taehyung was glad that Jeongguk already was in his bed, sleeping. He could clearly see those dried tear tracts and was sure that he cried himself to sleep.

The red head was cuddling with his pillow and didn't know when those tears were running down from the corner of his eyes soaking that pillow he was sleeping on.

He cried for a while and didn't have the slightest clue on that it's been almost half an hour since he was immersed in his own thoughts, battling with himself if whatever he did was right of wrong.

He hurt the other a lot but it seemed right.

He shut his eyes when he felt the other sitting up behind. He gulped realising someone slipping under his blanket.

Taehyung was a master at acting and Jeongguk didn't get a single clue that he was awake.

He frantically wrapped his arms around Taehyung's waist and pulled him closer.

"I'm so sorry, babe."

-

happy new year guys !!
hope 2021 treats you better than this year <33333

i love you !!!