24 | crossing the limits

Taehyung was already in front of the mirror, checking himself out as he was getting ready for the date with Namjoon while Jeongguk just stared at him with narrowed eyes, brainstorming on how he can stop him.

Why am I even doing this? Jeongguk thought for a moment and didn't quite have a clear answer and calmed himself down telling that it was just he didn't want Taehyung to date Namjoon.

Why? He thought Namjoon was way too good to exist and to some extent he was faking it that was totally absurd.

"Tae, I am feeling feverish. Don't go nah." Jeongguk whined pulling the blanket over his body to make the other believe his words but to his dismay, nothing that sorta happened as Taehyung just managed to laugh, his eyes still glued on the mirror.

"Yeah, yeah. You sure have fever." Taehyung looked over to spare the other a short glance before he walked ahead to get his denim jacket laying on the bed, "Take some meds, you will be fine."

"Tae, please. I am serious." Taehyung knew he was lying along but still sighed and got on the bed, crawled over Jeongguk and sat on his stomach causing him to get surprised.

"Let me check." the red head leaned down and pressed his cheeks against Jeongguk's forehead who took a deep breath, totally mesmerized by the other's perfume.

"You're perfectly alright." Taehyung pulled away and cupped the other's cheek, his smile disappearing and replaced by a serious tone, "What do you want, bro? Please be honest."

"Tell me what's bothering you. Why are you making all these excuses when you are perfectly fine." Taehyung's jaw went firm and he blinked hard before moving a little closer.

"Tell me." he again insisted while Jeongguk's breathe was getting shallow at how close they were.

"Be a good bro and support me on getting a nice boyfriend like Namjoon." Taehyung whispered against the other's lips as their faces were millimeters apart, "Won't you?"

"Honestly, after Hoseokkie pointed out that you might have feelings for me, or whatever. I can't stop thinking about it. And now that you behave like this― I want to know what's been in your mind lately. Make it clear." Taehyung caressed the other's cheeks rubbing his thumb around.

Pulling his face up a little, making an intense eye contact, Taehyung started to lean forward to which Jeongguk held his breathe before pressing his lips on Taehyung's forehead and mumbled against that smooth skin, "What about you not seeing me in that way?"

"You're actually handsome bro. I would've never noticed that if our ex didn't walk in. All thanks to Violet." Taehyung laughed as he booped their noses together to which Jeongguk asked, "What does that mean?"

"I just wanted to save you from that girl but something left me lonely. I thought I missed someone, it wasn't her, it was you. I missed you."

"Where is this conversation even going?" Taehyung tilted his head while Jeongguk just stared at his best friend, "You're so gorgeous, Tae."

"And what about you being absolutely straight?" Taehyung shot back, his eyes darting into the other's who gulped, a big lump forming again.

"I am straight." Jeongguk said and Taehyung sighed moving away.

"Tae―" Jeongguk wrapped his arms around the other's waist, "I don't know what's going on, but just discard the thought of dating that senior."

"If it's just your misconception that Joonie isn't like he shows then, just leave me. I am getting late." Taehyung looked away, annoyed, trying to free his waist from the other.

Jeongguk sighed and tightened his grip around the other, "Stop fighting, you can get someone else."

"Who Jeongguk? Who?" Taehyung stopped fighting, "Tell me, whatever you are doing, does this make sense?"

"It fucking doesn't, I know." Jeongguk massaged his temples and Taehyung took this chance and got off the other.

"Tae, wait. Okay fine listen!" Jeongguk half shouted and grabbed the other's wrist, "I will be honest with you."

"Yeah tell me." Taehyung pulled his wrist away and crossed his arms over his chest, "Tell me, Jeon Jeongguk."

"Recently, I don't even know what's going on in my mind. I've been doing all those things I never did, kissing you on your cheeks, foreheads, staring at you for I don't know how long. I am totally confused." Jeongguk finally said what's actually on his mind.

He was confused.

So was Kim Taehyung.

"I am straight, right?" Jeongguk questioned, but who was that for? It was for Taehyung but also for himself.

"It might be just, I might be attached to you and I don't know anymore. Just get in your head that you can't date Namjoon." Jeongguk sternly said and now Taehyung willingly got closer only to get back to their previous position.

Jeongguk again found Taehyung on his lap, cupping his cheeks, "You don't want me to date Namjoon or any boy, huh?"

"Just Namjoon." Jeongguk looked away that caused Taehyung to pull his face to his right causing them to have an eye contact, "Hyunjin asked me out last day. Should I just say yes to him then?"

"Shut up!" Jeongguk huffed.

"Then tell me who is the one for me?" the red head bit his bottom lip that made Jeongguk to part his lips wanting to say something but he couldn't form words, "What's happening to us, Taehyung? This isn't supposed to be happening. We are bros. Not boyfriends and I am straight."

"I also thought I was straight but look at me now, I want to kiss a boy oh so much. Girls have hurt me a lot, now it's time I try something new." Taehyung laughed when he realized what he just said, "Okay does that make sense?"

"Even if it doesn't, it doesn't matter."

"So you just want that kiss from him?" Jeongguk joked but the answer Taehyung gave him was quite surprising, "You can say that though he is nice and I don't mind dating him."

"So you don't like him?"

"It's only been a few days. I mean I do like him but, it's;; it's hard to explain." Taehyung sighed.

Before Jeongguk could say something, the other leaned closer and pressed his lips on the other's, not caring about the consequences.

-

this chapter was so messy ik
but they are so confused so
this was confusing as well

but trust me i will fix everything
in the upcoming chapter !

thanks for 40K !
this shit doesn't deserve this much