25 | the consequences

Taehyung shut his eyes close feeling the other's lips against his own and tried to wrap his arms around his shoulders but when he was abruptly pushed away, he just hung his head low, regretting everything.

"Tae, no- bros don't kiss." Jeongguk said letting out a soft sigh that made Taehyung to look up and shot a glare, "Bros don't even stop their bros from getting a boyfriend."

"Just fucking leave me, Jeon fucking Jeongguk!" Taehyung pushed the other causing his back to hit the headboard behind, groaning in the mild pain.

"Are we not talk about how you kissed me on my lips?" the raven head asked to which his roommate just looked away, embarrassed, "I am sorry for that."

"I wasn't thinking straight." Taehyung explained, his eyes darting into Jeongguk's chest as he couldn't look up at him, he so ashamed of what he had done.

"Of course you weren't thinking straight." Jeongguk joked at this moment laughing that made the other even more embarrassed.

"Shut the fuck up hoe!" Taehyung whispered and before he could say anything else, his phone in his pocket started ringing.

Jeongguk didn't let the other get his phone as he was quick and fished it out of his pocket. He pressed his palm on Taehyung's mouth harshly and hurriedly picked up the call.

"Hey Namjoon hyung, uhm, I got a fever so can Tae please stay with me?" Jeongguk spoke very quickly and as expected, Namjoon said it was fine. What could he say else?

But Taehyung could've done something to get that phone back easily but he didn't.

Why?

Maybe he wanted to stay and sort this out with the other right now.

And Jeongguk made that easy for him cause he couldn't think of any excuse to postpone that date.

Jeongguk looked at the other and could see his glassy eyes. He quickly reached to cup his cheeks and wipe those tears rolling down his with his thumbs, "Why are you crying?"

"Are you disgusted by that kiss?"

"No, Tae. I am not disgusted. Why would I be?" Jeongguk wiped the next batch of tears and smiled faintly, "I pushed you away cause there are some boundaries between two bros those shouldn't be exceeded and one of them us kissing like that."

"Oh right boundaries―" Taehyung paused for a moment, "Then you should know your boundaries too, you can't stop me from dating someone I like, right?"

"You don't like him, you just want to try something new." Jeongguk said and tried to hug the other but Taehyung didn't approve and got off of him, "Let's stay in boundaries bro."

"I am sorry for that kiss and I promise to not come that close ever again." the red head pulled himself to his feet and rushed out of the room not forgetting to take his phone with him.

"Tae, listen―" Jeongguk called but he was already gone.

-

Both of them didn't exchange any words and the whole day went like that. Both the boys were thinking of if that one moment would end their friendship.

Taehyung almost had tears thinking about it. His misconception that Jeongguk liked him more than a friend made him kiss him but the truth slapped hard when he pushed him away.

He was so scared. What if crossing that boundary had a great consequence?

What if it's their friendship that ends?

"No." Taehyung mumbled, his brain not working properly as he couldn't even picture this happening.

He looked over at the other who was laying on his back, staring at the ceiling, probably thinking the same thing.

"Gguk." Taehyung called walking to the other and settling at the edge of the bed. The raven head sat up and waited for the other say something.

"I am so sorry. Whatever happened back then, it shouldn't have happened. I am so sorry please, let's forget that." Taehyung started crying, so did Jeongguk, "I am so sorry."

"It wasn't just your fault, Tae. I did things that I shouldn't have. You got the wrong idea." Jeongguk reached out for Taehyung's hands and grabbed them tightly, "Let's forget about it."

"Yeah." Taehyung agreed but deep down he knew the way he have started seeing Jeongguk from the past few days, he needs time to get over those thoughts.

"We are the best bros." Jeongguk scooted closer and was about to hug the other who moved away, "Yes, we are."

The raven head noticed that but decided to not point it out. Maybe his words hit Taehyung deeper than he thought it did. But now nothing can changed. Whatever happened, they gotta deal with it.

Taehyung didn't want to make Jeongguk uncomfortable anymore.

But he also knew that Taehyung will again get back to being all touchy after some time. He believed he will.

"I am so sorry again, Gguk." Taehyung hung his head low, "Whatever I did today was so immature."

"Let's forget about it. Shh." Jeongguk squeezed his bestie's hands and nodded with a smile, "Forget about it."

They thought that probably this conversation will just sort whatever mess they did today but little did they know it had consequences.

-

sorry for this short chapter !