15 | ignoring the homie

Jeongguk decided to give Taehyung some time. Sometime before he again talks to him.

Everything was so messed up right now and he didn't know how he would fix all these. He can just break up with Violet but also what would he say?

"Tae―" Jeongguk called turning to the opposite side only to see Taehyung's back while the red head was wide awake but still decided to pretend as if he was sleeping.

Jeongguk thought Taehyung was asleep and didn't bother calling him again.

-

"Pack this, please." Jeongguk said to the shopkeeper who smiled and pulled the chain his customer was pointing at. The raven pulled out his wallet and mentally berated himself for choosing this chain with a small locket which wasn't much expensive but now that he was totally broke, it was a bad idea.

Jeongguk payed for the chain and left the shop, smiling to himself hoping that Taehyung will like it.

Yes, he bought it for Kim Taehyung.

Not his girlfriend, Park Violet.

He was hopeful that Taehyung will start talking to him again and stop ignoring him but maybe it will take more than just a gift to get things back to normal.

-

"This one, please." Jeongguk said staring at the chain with a small locket. He smiled at the shopkeeper who smiled back nodding getting the chain out of the showcase that his customer was pointing at.

The raven head berated himself for choosing that chain which wasn't that expensive but still as he was totally broke at the moment, it was a bad decision but if his best friend likes this gift, he is okay with spending the last amount of money he had right now. Yes he bought this for his best friend. For Kim Taehyung.

Not for Park Violet.

He paid for the chain before exiting the small gift shop. The smile adorning his lips disappeared when his phone started ringing. Fishing his pocket out of his pocket, he saw that it was his girlfriend calling him.

"What?" Jeongguk asked picking the call that made the one at the other end huff, "That's not how you should greet your pretty girlfriend, asshole."

"Nevermind, where are you? We need to meet, I got something for you. Meet me outside my house." Violet excitedly said and Jeongguk pursed his lips, "Why? I got work."

"Please baby, it will only take a minute." Jeongguk sighed and mumbled a, "Fine."

As we was walking to Violet's house, all he thought about was Taehyung. How he was the one stupid to even date the one who was his best friend's ex girlfriend. He fucked up.

It was about a twenty minutes walk to his girlfriend's house and saw her standing there with a Tupperware container, a wide grin on his lips, "Gguk."

"Hey." Jeongguk replied shortly and forced a smile. Violet took a step ahead and pressed their lips together, "I baked cookies today so these are for you."

Jeongguk took the container and smiled, "Well, thanks."

"And what's that?" she asked pointing at the small bag in Jeongguk's hand, "It's not for you."

"Are you cheating on me, Jeon Jeongguk?" she glared and pulled the bag from the other's hand, "Let me see?"

Violet abruptly pulled out the box and opened it, "This is beautiful. But who is this for?"

"This is for Taehyung. Got it? Now give it back." Jeongguk snatched it back and almost glared, "I will meet you tomorrow."

He walked away not turning around missing the frustration evident on the girl's face, like she was so furious.

"Kim Taehyung is gonna pay for this!"

-

Jeongguk fumbled with the keys as he had both the container and the box in his hand but somehow managed to open it revealing his best friend on his bed with his laptop.

"Hey, Tae." Jeongguk greeted to which Taehyung looked at him for a moment before again focussing on the screen, "Hey, Jeongguk."

Jeongguk, not Gguk.

That breaks his fucking heart.

"Uhm-" the raven head tried to catch the other's attention but Taehyung was determined to not give any as he pulled his pointer finger up in the air, "A minute, please. I am watching a documentary."

"Yeah sure sure." Jeongguk threw himself on the bed and sighed waiting for Taehyung's documentary to finish so that he could give him the thing he bought for him.

Jeongguk munched on a cookie but it was too hard and also the bottom was a little burnt, maybe she overbaked them causing him to scrunch up his nose and kept the remaining cookie back in the container, "She should never bake again."

Jeongguk mumbled to himself and stole a glance at his best friend. Taehyung knew Jeongguk's eyes were on him but still, he didn't care.

The night went by with Taehyung avoiding Jeongguk in every possible ways. The red head felt bad for doing so but he can't just get over the times Jeongguk hurt him.

Jeongguk sighed and wanted to try one last time, "Tae-"

"Can we talk in the morning? I am exhausted." Taehyung again came up with an excuse and Jeongguk sighed, "It's fine."

-

Taehyung didn't know how slept this much. He searched for Jeongguk but he was already gone. He didn't even bother to wake him up.

"Such a brat!" he kicked the pillow he cuddled with causing it to hit the floor but Taehyung didn't care. He was about to get off the bed when he saw a small box on the nightstand with a neatly folded paper under it.

He quickly grabbed it and opened it only to see that beautiful gift Jeongguk bought for him.

The male unfolded the paper and recognized that clean handwriting that instant. It was Jeongguk's.

dear homie,

i am so sorry for hurting you. i really am and this one is for you. yeah i am bribing you to forgive me and talk to me again. i hate it when you ignore me.

forgive your coconut head, please? and accept my apology. i spent the money i had for you, so please please please be my good taetae again.

i love you,
jeongguk

-

eww such a bad chapter but
skskssksjs when did i write a
good chapter :'))

and again i didn't know so many
of you were waiting for updates 😭
sorry, will try to update more often now !!