04 | pinky promises

Jeongguk was stunned to hear what his best friend just said. He took a step back and hung his head low while Taehyung just let out a humorous chuckle.

"What, Gguk? You thought I don't know what you are trying to do? You think I don't know what you are up to?" Taehyung pushed the other hitting his chest with both his palms, harshly.

"What do you mean?" Jeongguk looked away, not wanting to look at the other who knew everything, he was trying to do but Taehyung wasn't letting this go this time. He wanted to make some things clear.

"Look here." Taehyung pulled his roommate's face as he pulled his chin up by his thumb. His deep voice sending chills down Jeongguk's spine.

"You told me that it's just a hookup but is it actually just a hookup, Gguk? I am your best friend―" the crimson head paused for a moment, "―We know each other from sixth grade or so, I know you really well, babe."

Taehyung took a step closer and sighed when Jeongguk just drew his bottom lip in, chewing on it, "Yeah you're right. I am trying to date her."

Jeongguk was being honest at the moment which earned another sigh from the other, "You didn't find anyone else to date? Really, my ex?"

"Is Googie's little ego hurt that he didn't date 'The Park Violet? Hmm." Taehyung hummed poking his pointer finger on Jeongguk's chest, his voice laced with slight tease that kinda infuriated his roommate, "Shut up, Taehyung!"

"So I was right." Taehyung announced to which the raven head just walked to his bed without answering.

"Listen, Gguk." Taehyung grabbed his mug that was resting beside the cactus pot and placed it on the nightstand before throwing himself on Jeongguk's bed, just beside him.

"Be honest with me, I am your best friend. I won't bite." Taehyung turned to his side, his right cheeks pressed against the cusp of his palm, "And I always want the best for you."

Jeongguk pressed his lips in a thin line and stared at his bestie before smiling a little, "I know you want the best for me and trust me I want the best for you too. I love you."

"I love you too." Taehyung smiled when Jeongguk scooted closer and booped their noses against each other's.

"This is so gay, bro." Taehyung giggled rubbing their noses, both giggling.

"But this is our thing bro. We have been doing this from sixth grade. This ain't gay. This is our bromance." Jeongguk quite didn't like it how Taehyung called them 'gay' cause he in no way was attracted to boys.

"I swear Jeongguk, Violet is nothing but trouble." Taehyung warned, moving away, "I don't want you to get hurt at the end."

"Not again with this shit." Jeongguk knitted his brows, sitting up, Taehyung following just after.

"I swear Jeongguk, I never liked her that much and maybe that's why I didn't feel bad but you saw Yeosang and Hiro, Violet left them totally devastated." the red haired male held Jeongguk's hands who rolled his eyes.

"Look, Tae. I am fine and don't talk around the bush. Say it clearly."

"......." Taehyung could form any words as he totally didn't know what his roommate was talking about.

"What do you mean, Gguk?"

"Say it that you still aren't over her. Say that you're jealous." Jeongguk totally lost it. He didn't just break the bro code but also questioned their long time friendship which he should be cherishing with all his heart.

Taehyung really felt tears forming at the corner of his eyes acknowledging what his best friend actually thought that would be jealous of him.

"You really think so―" Taehyung sucked in a sharp breath and glared at the other, "I can never get jealous of you. You really are a terrible excuse of a friend, Jeon Jeongguk."

"No, like literally Taehyung, You sound like that― you are constantly repeating the same thing. Over and over again, what's that supposed to mean?" Jeongguk officially lost it and ruffled his own hair in frustration.

"You wanna date that girl. Fine―" Taehyung shouted out, "But listen here Jeon."

Jeongguk's roommate harshly grabbed his arm and was about to shout again when he shut his eyes close trying to calm himself.

"That Violet can suck asses for God's sake, all I wanted was to warn you but you love playing with fire―" Taehyung's eyes were boring into Jeongguk's own as he spoke which caused him to gulp, "Then go ahead."

"When you end up all hurt and attached, don't come to me crying." Taehyung warned over and over again in a hope that Jeongguk would probably understand but he wasn't ready to accept it and Taehyung was now so fucking tired.

"But you gotta promise me one thing." Taehyung's gaze softened and Jeongguk was anticipating what he was going to say next.

"What promise?" Jeongguk asked curious and all impatient.

"You gotta promise me that―" Taehyung scooted closer and carried on, "That Violet will never come in between us. In no way."

"I promise." Jeongguk smiled, that smile Taehyung adored so much.

That smile which Taehyung couldn't but reply with his own boxy one. Whenever he is off or something happened, Jeongguk's smile always cheered him up.

Jeon Jeongguk around him cheered him.

Jeongguk was someone he expected to be in all his highs and lows, like he was but deep inside he felt like Violet will take him away. After what happened today, he was even more scared.

"We are best bros right? So don't let a girl ruin it, okay?" Taehyung asked in a low tone and Jeongguk nodded.

"Why will she come between us, Tae? Are you going crazy?" Jeongguk asked, a little annoyed which the other quite couldn't see or decided to not notice.

"Promise?" Taehyung held his pinky finger up, "Like the old days Jeongguk, pinky promise, your friends will be your first priority."

Jeongguk was literally very annoyed at the other for repeating the same shit over and over again. He was irritated at how irrelevant Taehyung was being. All these words were totally illogical to him but Jeongguk knows how much Taehyung loves him and didn't let the other know how he truly felt about all these, he didn't want to hurt him.

"Pinky promise." Jeongguk faked a smile and linked their pinkies together.

"If you break it, I will never talk to you."

"Are you a twelve year old?" Jeongguk giggled squishing his bestie's cheeks who laughed, forgetting whatever just happened.

"No, really, I won't talk to you and I mean it. I promise that."

-

hey guys ! hope you are enjoying
this uwu ! i love y'all so much <33