34 | just say yes

Kim Seokjin, the owner of Cafe Epiphany was already highly impressed by Jeongguk because he laughed at his dad jokes.

He gave him the job right away and Jeongguk was already working along with Taehyung who got hired the last day.

"Babe—" Jeongguk whispered at Taehyung who was in charge of serving while Jeongguk was the waiter, "One cappuccino for the beautiful lady there!"

"Of course." Taehyung rolled his eyes when Jeongguk giggled and winked at him.

Taehyung prepared the cappuccino and rang the bell in front to which Jeongguk came back with a huge grin glued on his lips.

He took this chance and while getting that tray, held Taehyung's hand for a brief moment before walking away to serve the lady with her order.

The day went well and Jeongguk decided to keep it that way as he didn't tell Taehyung about the things Hoseok said to him. He didn't want to pick a fight or even didn't want any mess between them.

Hoseok never really liked Jeongguk. At least he felt like that and maybe because of Taehyung he was being nice to him.

But he didn't just care.

"I'mma wait outside okay? Jin hyung wants you for some paperwork." Taehyung ruffled Jeongguk's hair and smiled who nodded and rushed to the owner as he didn't want Taehyung to wait too long.

While the red head was in his own thoughts staring at the sky as he waited out of the cafe, oblivious to the fact that some people were walking towards him with oh so not good intentions.

"You thought you would get away after humiliating us that day?" someone abruptly asked and Taehyung took a look at them. They were the seniors who bullied Namjoon that day in the cafeteria.

"You are never alone but not today, bruh you ran out of luck." one of them said with a huge smirk on his face and took a step closer.

The red head looked around but the one who was around also walked away. Now there wasn't any human he could take help from.

Taehyung was ready to fight but he was too exhausted after all day work, and now that he wasn't alone, that this fight wasn't fair— wasn't a one on one, no way he could win this.

"Stop supporting a faggot!" the senior spat, rubbing his thumb against his knuckles.

"He can love whoever he wants to, what do you guys have to do with it, huh?" Taehyung was about to throw hands and make noise so that people can help him from the cafe, but before he could, he was thrown to the ground because of the powerful punch on his face, busting his lips.

Blood trickled down his skin from the corner of his lips and he groaned tasting that alkaline liquid, "No, boys can't love boys fuckface. Only girls."

"And who the fuck said that?" Taehyung fearlessly answered.

For self defense, he hugged himself they were about to kick him but didn't when someone shouted out loud.

"The fuck!"

It was Jeongguk.

The red head turned around and saw his best friend— on the way to be his boyfriend running to him.

"You okay?" he asked and wiped the blood with his thumb before glaring at the others, "I guess I gotta call others as well as the police."

Jeongguk shouted and that was loud enough for the people in the cafe to run out and before anything more could happen, those seniors ran away.

"You okay?" Jeongguk asked hugging the other while Taehyung smiled, "You saved me."

-

"

Was it necessary to pick a fight with them for your Joonie, huh? They could have hurt you more than this busted lip." Jeongguk glared and pushed that cotton ball on the other's skin, wiping the liquid.

He poured some antiseptic on another and before he could rub that on the wounded area, he let out a sigh and kissed his roommate on his nose, "It might burn a little but stay still."

"It burns like a bitch, whore!" Taehyung almost screamed out when the stinging sensation hit him, "Fuck."

"Then you shouldn't have just picked that fight." Jeongguk cupped his best friend's cheeks who giggled at how cute the other looked all pissed.

"You care for me this much?" Taehyung caressed the other's hand cupping his cheeks and smiled again.

"No, of course. Why would I care for you? Stupid." the raven head rolled his eyes and softly pushed his lips on Taehyung's, pecking them gently before pulling away that instant.

"Why were they even after you?"

"They were bullying Joonie for liking boys. You tell me— what would you do in that situation?"

"I probably would've done the same but—" it was Jeongguk's turn to get a peck as this time Taehyung pushed their lips together.

"Jeongguk, this society is still homophobic. Are you ready to be with me? This might be hard." Taehyung asked with the most genuine voice he could manage and Jeongguk just lowered his eyes.

"It's not about trying anymore cause I know you are more than just a friend or whatever. The feeling is stronger." Jeongguk whispered.

"So will you— will you date me? Are you ready to hear all those things people will throw at you for liking a boy?" Taehyung didn't realize when  tears started rolled down his cheeks.

"Don't cry please." Jeongguk wiped those tears away with his thumb, "We can never change the society, but that doesn't mean for their opinions I will hold myself back."

"As long as my loved ones accept me as I am, I am okay." Jeongguk smiled.

"So will you date me? Just say yes please."

-

ugh some of you said
this book is getting boring
and that kinda killed my
motivation but again got it
back so maybe will double update