Chapter 18- Michael

“Two months and we still have not found her Michael! What the hell are you guys not doing? I have not seen my daughter in TWO DAMN MONTHS!” We had this argument at least twice a day. It’s not really an argument per se, but more like him venting. See, Zeus is a handsome man, but I have seen him age years in these many weeks that have passed hunting for the lost princess. The process of going to each continent and listening for her was a failure, and made the both of us even more frustrated.

“Zeus we have everybody out looking for her. All war and hunter angels are looking for Iris, and I promise that we will find her.” We both know that she is in the underworld, but we still should be able to hear her. It would be faint, but we still should be able to hear her.

“Michael, I know he has her. I know it deep inside. I can’t explain it but I know she is there.” His hands shook in anger, and I felt bad for the man. Every tactic that I have every previously used seemed like it would be a wasted effort. “I need you to get me down there Michael, or you need to get there. I know she is down there.” He threw his desk lamp at the globe in the middle of the room.

“The underworld is a big place Zeus, and very deep into the Earth, and she very well could be down there and we wouldn’t know, but remember that hell is beneath the underworld as well. We would need to be very…….sneaky. This will require stealth and good acting. I think that sending you down would cause too much suspicion. If it makes you feel better, pick two more angels and I will take them with me.” He glared at me, and I faltered in my thoughts as he read the plan in my mind. It was a very bare and exposed feeling. I know they didn’t wander around in others’ minds but it still caused a mild shock when they did it.

“Michael,” he calmly spoke, his eyes turned a vicious gold as he thought his threat through,” if anybody tries to stop you or get in your way, you have full permission to kill them.” He stared at me and the air in the room intensified. He was no longer doing this by the rules, and that explained the urgency in itself. He then invaded my mind and spoke;

“You do not understand Michael, Hades will kill her without a second thought. Don whatever it is you have to do, but do it fast.”

I nodded my head, and turned to leave, and thought of the way I was a long time ago. A merciless war angel. I channeled that inner mindset, and pushed all qualms about killing aside. I became something I vowed that I would never turn into unless it was necessary. It is beyond necessary right now.

I thought of strategy and partners. I needed someone who knew how to fight and heal. Someone who would sacrifice for their faith and beliefs. “Thomas! Joshua! Paul!” After a few minutes of waiting, they all three appeared in front of me. They were all healthily built, and I knew they were good choices. Thomas was good with healing others. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. Joshua was a walking lie detector test. He could sense deception and dishonesty. He was one of the best fighters in the heavens. He had red hair and blue eyes. Paul was one of my best fighters as well. I trained him and Joshua myself, but he was a little hotheaded. Beggars can’t be choosers.

“Yes sir?” They all said it in unison, and I felt confident in my choosing.

“You are all going on a trip with me. We will all be on first name basis. During this mission we are all equals. Friends. Until we are surrounded by the enemy. Then you must address me by sir. We are on a search and rescue mission, we are rescuing the princess. Her name is Iris, she is the last daughter of Zeus. I will be honest, you may die. If that happens, you die with pride and a good name. You will have died for your princess.” I looked at each of them in the eye, and saw no trace of fear. Just the excitement of a S&R. “During this trip, I need all of you to be in war mode. I am aware that two out of tree of you have just recently come home a couple months ago, and I am sorry that we have to send you out again. I assure you that this is far different from any other mission you have ever done.”

“How so?” It was Joshua that asked the question.

“Where you had limits and rules, this time you do not. You are allowed to kill. Zeus has tried doing this by the books, but it has not worked in his favor. You will also be in the underworld territory.” I tried to monitor their facial expressions, and for a second they each paled and their wings twitched.

“Sir, we have never been in the underworld.” It was Paul that spoke this time.

“No shit Paul, we have always been told NOT to enter the underworld territory.” Joshua shook his head in exasperation. “So do we have a plan or are we walking in there like idiots?” His eyebrows rose up to his forehead in question.

“We don’t have a very good plan. We enter the underworld on some false story, and I need all of us to listen in each direction. The underworld is a huge place. Joshua you are going to be on my left. You will listen as far left as possible. Paul you will be on my right and you will be listening as far right as possible. Thomas, I need you listening down under us. I have to act like I am paying attention to what whoever we are in the room with is saying, but I will be listening everywhere.” They all nodded.

“When we enter the room you will stand at attention. When you believe that you hear something, stand at ease. It’s not a huge signal, but it is signal enough.”

“Yes sir.” They all said at once.

“Ok gentlemen, go get geared up. Try to hide extra weapons. Wear the usual armor. If you can hold more weapons, then holster them to your body somehow. Your leg, your arm, your chest, wherever you can.”

We all turned to the weapons closet and grabbed as many guns and knives as we could. I had a holster on each leg. Each one had a gun on my outer thigh, and two knives on my inner thigh on each leg. I strapped one to my chest. This one held three guns. One on each side and on in the middle. There was a knife in between all the guns. I strapped a holster on my left ankle and out a gun in it. I looked at the guys to see that they had all done the same as myself. We put on our normal gear. A gun in our pocket of our uniforms, and knives in the belt.

“We ready?” Everybody nodded, and we went to edge. We stood there a second before Paul jumped off first. After that everybody else descended to the earth.

Yay!!!!! So here we go!!!!!!! Chapter 18 down, and I am so excited!!!!! Please vote and comment and have a nice evening!!!!!!