Chapter 5- Iris

We were flying. I felt weightless as we launched into the air. His wings were taking us higher and higher. As we kept cascading through the layers of the earth we were headed for a huge cloud. As soon as we touched the cloud, there was nothing. Just moving air. I felt like I was falling backwards into nothingness. An unknown territory awaited. I felt myself spinning, my arms and legs were trying to find something to grasp on to and then I felt MIchaels hand and held on for dear life. I accidently grabbed the tip of his wing with my other hand and got smacked with it, then was moved further from him. I need something to hold onto or else I was going to freak out. Then the suction stopped. No warning no nothing. I saw michael gracefully tough the ground, but I fell up a few more feet then landed on the ground like I jumped off a building. I felt my heart racing. I had to admit it was really fun too.

"You have no coordination Iris. For someone so powerful and so strong, you should really be a bit more graceful." I shot him a glare. I swear if looks could kill he would be a puddle on the floor.

"A warning would have been nice you know. I dont have any wings either by the way, so we all cant just be as effortlessly graceful as you angels." I felt a sting in my back. Probably windburn or something. I felt like I was just carried away by a tornado. I also feel like i was beat with a baseball bat from that wonderous landing, but that should go away soon. I finally got up and looked at my surroundings, and was beyond impressed.

"I never knew the gates were that huge." I pondered aloud. "I mean, I have heard about them from other demons in the underworld, but what they described gives them no justice." The gates were a shiny gold color and easily stood about 50 feet tall. They never ended either. They just went on forever. I stepped up to the gates and touched the vines on them. When I touched the vines, they flinched like snail eyes. They retreated then they came out further and streched. I left my hhand where it was on the bar and the vines gently wrapped themselves around my hand and tightened, almost like it was pulling me. I stared at the vines as they slowly crawled further and further up my arm and looked at Michael who was staring at me. Not the vines, me. "Are they supposed to be doing this?"

He nodded his head," Yes. It's how you get in, but usually it takes a bit for them to remember who you are. they just automatically toughed you. No reservations, nothing. Are you sure you've never been up here?"

"I think I would remember comming up here. Unless I came as an infant or something." I spun around slowly so the vines could travel my back and legs, and felt the pain in my back again, but was too enthralled with the vines to care. I felt them crawl up my shoulders and around my waist and they felt welcoming. Heaven's own personal welcoming committee. They gently tugged and i had to take a step backwards. "Aren't yoou going to go through?"

"Not yet. I want to see someone else go through. I've never watched." He had a wistful look on his face. He was just as fascinated as I was, just by something else.

"What's wrong?"

"Just the way that the vines are reacting to you. They have accepted you into the heavens obviously, and with such ease, but they are taking so long."

"Are you being impatient? Because if that's so you can take your pretty wings and fly your butt to the other side." I stuck my toungue out at him, and the vines started to crawl down to my ankles, and they were at my neck. Im sure I looked freaky. They vines tigged even harder this time and if they weren't wrapped all around me I would have fallen on the floor, but the vines caught me. I closed my eyes as I felt them travel up and all over my head, and finally they drug me through the wall. It was hard to breathe at first, but then I felt myself be pushed through to the side.