Chapter 47- Iris

Before I could reach him, he was gone. Poof. The anger that was trapped in my body was at a painful level. I took a deep breath to try to calm down, and the smell of blood filled my senses. Fighting the urge to vomit, I turned around. Stepping on glass, I walked towards the bed. The pain never came to surface, all I could feel was the pain and ache of loss.

The bed was empty. No body, no nothing. There was blood splatter on the walls and on the blankets. Thanatos must have taken his body to the underworld.

I will never see him again.

My steps faltered at the thought. Without even realizing what I was doing, I reached for the pillow where he once laid right next to me. I brought it to my face, inhaling deeply. His unique smell still strong. Musk, earth, cinnamon, and whatever shampoo he used.

I'll never smell him. Never hear his deep voice and husky laughter. Never see his beautiful smile. Never hear my nicknames slip from his mouth. Never see his tattoos.

I found myself on my knees. Right next to his tactical pants and combat boots. I locked away, and saw that I was still in his shit. His scent surrounded me. Overwhelmed me. My breaths were coming out in pants.

Never,-

My heart clenched. The idea of never stole my breath.

Again.

I screamed to the now darkened sky. Lightning struck the ocean. The thunder that followed shook the foundation of the house. Strike after strike of lightning hit the water. Not even fifty feet away from me. I screamed into the pillow. My eyes clamped shut. The glass all through the house shattered. Raining down onto the wooden floors like buckets of hail. I felt sharp pieces cut me on the way down.

I sobbed into the pillow. My heart ached. I replayed every second of what happened between us in my head. Every conversation, every look, and every thought I ever had. Our private moments just a little while ago exploring each other's bodies. And his murder. The all raced through my head.

He was murdered.

Clutching the pillow for dear life, I grabbed the necklace that Zeus gave me from my suitcase. I never went anywhere without it. Just as I was about to turn it, a man walked through the door. With speed I didn't even know I possessed, I grabbed for the daggers in Michael discarded pants. I stared at the man, and he stared at the back. Somewhere in the house I heard noises.

He turned around and spoke in a thick Greek accent. "She is in here." He turned back and assessed the damage. His gaze paused on the blood splatter on the wall by the bed. He back to me with a questioning look. "Thanatos?" He had golden hair and eyes just like my natural blue ones.

Unable to speak, I nodded.

"I am sorry for your loss, princess." I shuddered at the name. Bile rising to my throat. I swallowed it down before it spewed all over his black Christian Louboutin high tops. A woman walked through the door. Glass crunching under her sexy Mary Jane pumps. I immediately recognized her as Hera. She looked no older than myself. Just a lot taller and prettier. She had long brown hair and eyes that looked like mine when I used to wear contacts, a soft milk chocolate brown. She wore a pretty gray knee-length pencil skirt and a while silk button down. He wore a gray three piece suit, with the high tops. Putting two and two together I assumed that the other god was Hermes.

"You can not stay here, my dear." She said with an equally thick Greek accent. "You are vulnerable." When I didn't say anything, she looked towards Hermes. I watched them whisper to each other, not really hearing what they said. Hermes shook his head with what appeared to be disgust then looked to me.