Chapter 44- Iris

I woke up with a pounding headache and blurry vision. There was a metallic taste in my mouth, and I wish I had the power to make a toothbrush and toothpaste appear out of thin air. When my vision cleared, there were five people standing in front of me. Three of which I recognized, and two who I've never seen. Taking in my surroundings, I saw that I was outside in the sand, not even ten feet from the water. I sat up, my back cracking in multiple places.

Never sleep on a beach again.

Something behind me made a noise. I looked and found that Michael was sprawled out in the sand. One arm over his chest, and one up above his head. His plump lips parted, a soft snore escaped. He looked so young when he was asleep. I mean, he looked young anyways. Maybe around mid-to-late twenties, but sleeping he looked much younger. And stress free. He usually had this hard look on his face, but right now he looked completely at peace. I left him alone to rest.

I took a deep breath out of my mouth and almost vomited. "It smells like someone shit in my mouth." I heard a couple snickers. Probably from the twins.

"Here." Rhea handed me a glass of orange juice and a small cup of mouthwash with a toothbrush.

"Thank you. Why are you all here? Besides you Rhea." I dipped the edge of the toothbrush in the mouthwash and started to brush my teeth. Waiting for someone to speak up.

"Well, we were on our way to Sweden, but," the woman with brown hair and pretty mocha eyes paused. Wearing a deep green knee length dress and some cute brown sandals, she was just as beautiful as any goddess. A confused look on her face and a sheepish smile. She looked to the huge man next to her. He was beautiful in a scary kind of way. He's obviously been in a war or a hundred. He has scars all up and down his arms, but the one that stood out was the one on his face. It reached from the bridge of his nose to his jaw. He had bright blue eyes that shone with a bit of mischief. He wore jeans and a worn out t-shirt that said "God of War". I immediately recognized the font as the one from the video game.

"We had the undeniable urge to come to Rhea's." He looked me right in the eye, and I felt parts of me react to him. Nothing like how I reacted towards Michael, but uncomfortably similar. His voice boomed, commanding immediate attention. "As soon as we came here and saw her the urge did not fade. We walked out here on pure instinct and instantly knew it was you that we needed to see." I finished brushing my teeth and took a sip of the orange juice.

Before I was able to set down the toothbrush and remaining mouthwash, they were taken out of my hands. I looked right in time to see Michael dunk the brush into the mouthwash and enter it into his mouth. Repeating what I did. He looked at me with one raised eyebrow. His hair was a mess and he looked like he gave absolutely no fucks. A slow half smile spread on his face appeared when my cheeks started to get hot.

Damn, that's hot.

I looked back to the unknown people. "Okay, who are you?" The guy looked shocked, maybe even a little angry and the girl let out a dainty laugh.

"Calm down," she said to the guy. "I'm Demeter and this is Ares."

I blanched.

I just gave the god of war a bit of an attitude. I looked up at him, a bit shameful, to see him smirking. All shame evaporated.

"Your shirt is interesting." Michael said to Ares sardonically.

"I thought it was fitting." He replied with a smirk.

"It looks like it's about to rip, actually."

"Oh, feisty Omni. Rawr tiger." I rolled my eyes. I tried to get to my feet, but I just couldn't. It was too quick. The throbbing in my head got worse after that attempt.