Chapter 32- Michael

Not even fifteen minutes after Iris left with Dionysus and Joshua, and Athena and Zeus were doing god knows what in another room, Poseidon popped up.

I shook my head. "I figured you'd be back soon."

He tensed up. "Yet you don't sound very welcoming." He snapped with an eyebrow raised.

This dick. "My apologies, should I get the committee?"

He chuckled and shook his head. Twirling his trident around in his fingers like a pen. "I don't like you very much."

"The feeling is mutual, buddy."

"Glad to hear it." He stood straighter, getting all up in my face. "Here's the deal hard ass, pretend to be nice and I'll pretend to be nice back. If not, I'll shove my trident here so far up you're a-"

"I hope you two are getting along well," Zeus interrupted us. A huge smile plastered on his face.

"Oh we are just grand. Aren't we Poseidon? Just fabulous!" I said with so much enthusiasm it was obvious we weren't getting along. Not that I'm going to bitch, the god needed to be knocked down a few pegs.

Ooooooh feisty. Man fight! Maybe we can get a pool of mud and watch you brawl it out.

"Not now Athena!" I thought. She walked out of the room. Her hair was a bit messy and her cheeks were flushed.

Oh my, what has your panties in such a wad? Are you frustrated? Maybe a bit pent up frustration?

"Pent up irritation! I'm going to go postal if you don't get out."

As long as you get rid of the scowl on your face.

I tried to relax my face as much as possible. Trying to go for a more neutral look.

Much better. And off I go. I felt her leave and basked in my privacy.

"So do you think you will start Iris with training?" I really don't think that she needs to learn to fight. She had an army at her beck and call.

"I really don't see the need for her to learn to fight, but if she wants to learn who am I to tell her no. She's her own woman, she can decide what she does and doesn't want to do." Apparently Zeus and I share the same opinion.

"I really think it would benefit her. Whatever though." The god shrugged his shoulders. "It's her decision."

Athena spoke. "I think that we should have a ceremony to announce who she is. Not everyone here knows her face. They know that the missing heir is here, she was taken, and now she's back. The only people who know what she looks like are the soldiers that were trying to help look for her."

Zeus nodded. "I think that's a good idea. Poseidon why are you here? Not that I don't enjoy your company, but you're rarely ever here."

"I- uh." He cleared his throat. "Well, I came because of Iris. I need to see that she's safe. I can't explain it, it just is the way it is. I have to make sure she's okay."

I heard footsteps getting closer and closer. Someone is running. I grabbed the end of the hilt that was in my pants. First I saw Dionysus. Then I saw Iris on his back. Then Joshua came right after they did. They flew right back at us, but not fast enough for me to see her hanging onto Dionysus's back. I met Iris's gaze, and she smiled. A big, huge, authentic, knock-the-breath-out-of-you kind of smile. We all turned, watching Dionysus and Joshua run, toe to toe. Dionysus clearly let Joshua in the lead. They must have been betting something.

Iris slid down Dionysus's back. I saw the newest addition to her back. The grapevines were bigger than her other tattoos. The leaves and vines spread from one shoulder to the other. There were little purple grapes here and there.