Chapter 43- Michael

After shutting Iris's door and creepily standing there for too long, the front door swung open and two bodies walked in. I immediate recognized the identical curly blonde hair any royal blue eyes as Apollo and Aretmis. Apollo was whistling Stairway to Heaven while Artemis took in a huge breath.

She pursed her lips. "There's a virgin nearby." Apollo stopped whistling and glared down at his twin.

"Seriously, you said you weren't going to do any of that." She shrugged and walked into the kitchen, obviously familiar with the home. He looked to me, "Hey man, how are you doing? How long has it been?"

We did a quick embrace and parted. "It was seventeen-seventy-six we were last here. I'm good man, how are you?"

"Tired. We had a long trip here."

"Where did you fly from?" I thought they were in Paris, but I could be wrong.

"Saint freaking Petersburg. Damn girl has no idea where she needs to be. We were in Paris a couple weeks ago, but the guy relocated." The thing with Apollo and Artemis is that they like the humans. Not the bad kinds though. But, they also like money. So they locate some of the most wanted men and women in the world and collect the prize money. They've established quite the reputation and an equally impressive fortune. They also collect, buy, sell, rare artifacts. Since we lived before, during, and after ancient Greek and Roman times we have some pretty expensive shit just lying around. Priceless shit.

"How much is that one?"

"A few hundred million. There's a Lykan Hypersport calling my name."

I shook my head. "Didn't you just get a new car?"

"Yeah bit this one is better. You want that car? It's a Pagani?"

"Do I even want to know?"

"It's sex with wheels. I may just write a poem about it." I rolled my eyes. I looked around for Iris and saw she wasn't in the room. Stepping so I could see into the kitchen I saw she wasn't in there either.

Maybe she's still changing.

I was craving another glass of chocolate milk so I grabbed the ingredients to make it. I heard a yell from outside, and my hearing perked up. I closed my eyes to concentrate, and I heard the sound of flesh hit flesh and lots of splashing. Dropping everything, I ran outside to see Iris pulling Thanatos from the sea by his hair. She was clearly injured. Blood ran down from her lip, nose, and there was a pretty nasty gash in her temple. The blood ran down her shirt, and oi actually started to wonder how much of it was hers. She yanked some hair out of his head, and there were some bloody parts in it. I watched her rub it on his face and shove it in his mouth.

My little warrior has a creative side. It's also very gross.

Now, some would wonder why I didn't intercede. There's only one simple reason; she deserves this. This is her way of revenge. She can't kill him, but she can make him experience brutal death. He'll eventually form another body and come back for her.

She lit the fire pit and moved it towards the volleyball court. What the hell? I saw them communicating, but couldn't make out the words. I didn't even try, I was too focused with what she was planning to do. I wanted to see hoe creative she was when it came to revenge. I saw her kick him in the face and cringed. It looked like it hurt. I watched her hoist him up then swing him down. She impaled him on the pole.

"Damn, that's really sick." Apollo said next to me, eating a Hershey's bar. I glanced at Artemis who had a bowl of Lucky Charms and was smiling. I looked back at iris to see she was squeezing starter fluid on his body. The flames engulfed him and his cries got louder. She pulled up a chair and watched the show.