Chapter 37- Michael

"Are we allowed to just barge into his office? Oh my god Michael no! Stop!" She pulled on my arm, but it was too late. I pushed the doors open with all my strength to find four people looking back at me.

"She has a warriors tattoo on her wrist. Why would she have a warrior's tattoo on her wrist?" I yelled at all of them. Long moments of silence followed.

"Were going to send you to two Greece." Zeus said.

"I don't want to go to Greece!" Zeus raised an eyebrow.

"Well then maybe you should-"

He was interrupted. "I've never been to Greece." Iris mumbled. I looked over my shoulder at her and as usual I was struck by how beautiful. This time it was different, she was sad. I saw a stray tear slip down her cheek and felt like shit.

I closed my eyes taking a deep breath. Breathing out through my nose, I saw this situation in a new light. "We will go to Greece,"

"You really didn't have a choice kid." Poseidon said with a smirk. "It was you or me, I'll happily take her if you can't."

"Don't you have mermaids to train or something?"

"I will eat your innards like pulled pork one day, child! Do not test me!" The room suddenly got very humid, and I started to sweat through my Henley.

"Can we just get on with this? For the love of Christ and virgin mothers everywhere just set your bromance aside for five damn minutes!" Iris yelled at the top of her lungs. The rasp in her voice more enhanced the louder her voice got.

I wonder what she sounds like when she's about to o-

Athena cleared her throat. "We're sending you both to Greece and there you will be meeting Rhea. She has agreed to help you guys figure out what is going on with Iris." The humidity in the room disappeared.

Nobody spoke. There was nothing to say. Iris and I were going to meet Rhea. Some of the gods didn't even meet the titans. They have, but there was almost never a reason for them to see each other anymore. For this to happen out of nowhere probably got Rhea's attention.

"I'm meeting a titan?" She said with wonder in her voice.

"Yes, my child." Athena said to her. The way Iris relaxed when Athena said those words didn't slip past me either.

"Michael," She looked at me, finally, "I understand if you don't want to go. I would rather go with you because, well, I know you." Her eyebrows were scrunched up in what looked like worry. She added more quietly, just so I could hear. "And you know me."

Like I can say no to you my little warrior.

I smiled down at her. "Of course I will go with you." She relaxed and nodded. A small smile gracing her face. "How and when do we leave?"

"You will fly put of Waterford and land in Athens where Rhea resides."

I rolled my eyes. "Why couldn't she live in a small little village- in the middle of the ocean or something?"

"It wouldn't be Greece at that point. It would be the middle of the ocean smartass." Zeus said laughing. He looked at his daughter, "You will be gone around a week sweetheart, so pack well." He gave her a smile. Someone walked into the office, but I was too busy staring at Iris to pay attention.

"Okay, thanks dad." She gave him a full blown megawatt smile. I kept breathing air in, none came out, it was just a never ending need for more and more air in my lungs. She turned to me with that huge smile and I felt everything stop. I slowly exhaled the mass amount of air. "When do we leave?"