Chapter 4- Michael

I heard her say my name. It was carried to me by the winds, and I heard it as though she was just standing right here next to me. But of course, she was not. She was standing in a crowd of people, and if it is one thing I cannot stand is a crowded area. Mortals can't see my wings, they just see nothing. The exception is little babies, and elderly people who are going to die. It's sad that only those groups of people can see them, because walking down a street is irritating. I can't say excise me either because I easily have a five foot circle of space around me, but my wings require more room.

Back to my original thought; i need to go somewhere not as crowded as a train station entrance. Starbucks it is. She was easily a mile or so behind me so I had a head start. Her face is scrunched up in a scowl. Probably irritated that I didn't just pop up at her command. Her fault. She couldn't find a more discreet place for me to appear, oh hell no it had to be in the center of frigging Dublin. I ordered a caramel frappuccino for me and that thing that will be meeting me in a few minutes. As the barista handed me my coffees, i noticed that, as usual, the names were spelled wrong. I heard her heartbeat get louder as she grew closer and her footsteps get louder even they are so soft.

I turned aroound in perfect time to bump right into her, and spill coffee all over her pretty plaid shirt. She looked pretty. And very, very, very pissed. Her face was a deep shade of red as she looked at mne and I saw her eyes change color. The brown in her eyes slowly turned into a deep shade of red. She was anger in the flesh, very much so the Daughter of Hades, but before either of us could say anything I saw something else in her eyes. I cant place where I have seen it before though.

"I'm really sorry about that Iris. Believe me it was an accident. A total-" she interrupted me in the middle of my crappy apology.

"Is that frappuccino?"

"Yes, why?" She must not like cold coffee. Brat.

"Buy me another and your forgiven. Oh, and a shirt too. I think ten dollars should cover the cost." She smiled at the end of her sentence, and I know somewhere in that sentence my jaw dropped. I was dumbstruck for a moment then clarity it. I handed her a ten dollar bill, and she took it and said she would be right back. I suppose that's my karma. I reordered the coffees, and she came back with the prettiest blue sweater. It did something to her eyes. Made them brighter, I don't know but it did good on her. She pulled up a chair at my table and smiled. An authentic smile.

"Are you excited?" I asked her.

"Yes actually. I've never been to the heavens." She looked saddened by this thought, so I just asked.

"Why? You know that you could go at any time right?"

"I never had any reason to go. It's not a bad thing, it was just never in the cards."She stared into the center of her straw in deep thought, and I wondered what she was thinking about. She doesn't seem like a spiteful person to do any harm and be banned or anything. "When do we go?"

"Whenever your ready Iris. I suggest you drink that or else it will get all over you in transit to Heaven. I dont feel like handing anymore money out." She looked at me in disgust.

"What crawled in your ass and died? You don't have to act like a dill hole because you have to eat your words, and drag me up there. Remember you made the offer, not me!" I sat stunned, nobody has evver talked to me like that before, maybe Zeus and my mother but nobody has had the balls to do that. I dont know whether to attack or praise her. So I settled for silence. "Can we go now?"

"Yes, we can go. Follow me." I got up and dunked our empty coffees into the trash. I looked behind me to look at her, and i felt like I was doing something life altering for her. I tried to find the deepest darkest alley so I could do this without getting caught.

"You're not going to take me down here and shank me and leave my body to some homeless cannibal are you? Because I am not up for that."

I laughed. I laughed so hard because not only was that completely random, it lifted the heavy feeling in the air. "No, Iris. Im not killing you. Or shanking you or leaving you here as the strays' dinner. You can rest peacefully."

"Just felt like I should know." I heard her smile and looked behind me and saw it was bright enough to light up the alley.

"Ok, give me your hands. I wont chop them off either, they're too pretty to be just hands." I wasnt lieing either. She had pretty hands.

"Thats reassuring."

"Sh! I need to concentrate"

"On wha-" She screamed.

Hello everybody! I hope evverybody had a wonderful christmas! I know I most certianly did! If you find any double letters where they shouldn't be, its an accident- Im still getting used to such a sensitive keyboard. I used to have those clunky keyboards for a desktop- never worked with a laptop before.

I hope the story isn't boring- I will be updating in at least a weeks time. Sometimes i get an idea of what i want to happen next and i have to write a chapter, so the updates are whenever, but it will happen within a week.

Let's see what happens next!!!!!!