Chapter 27- Iris

Michael carried me into a bedroom. The room was spacious, but the bed; the bed was a beautiful marble canopy bed. The detail in the wood was amazing. You could see the little flowers and vines that were carved into the pillars. The dresser, nightstand, vanity, couch, and huge mirror hanging off the wall all had the same designs in the wood. This all must have cost a fortune. It was a huge bed, encased in brown and red covers with the sheer red curtains pulled back. Lots of pillows rested at the top. The headboard was as beautiful as the rest of the furniture. He walked up to the bed and threw off most of the pillows.

"Damn pillows." He muttered. I smiled at his scowl. He pulled the top cover off and set me gently on the bed. He went into one of the dresser drawers, pulled out a huge black t-shirt and handed it to me.

"I," I cleared my throat hoping my voice would work "I can't dress myself." I whispered. I looked up to find his staring at me with those mismatched eyes and a pained look on his face. Should have kept your mouth shut, idiot.

"I know that Iris. I'm going to dress you. Can you stay here for a few minutes so I can get myself some clothes? I'm going to sleep on the couch in here."

I nodded so I could avoid any other verbal diarrhea. He walked into the bathroom, leaving me in this huge bedroom. The ceilings were high. Abnormally high; making the room seem bigger. The bed was pushed up all the way to the wall. It completely dominated the room. The wall to my right was all glass windows, there was a small patio outside. The couch rested in front of the glass. The wall across the bed had a brick fireplace that stretched all the way to the ceiling. On each side of the bed there was a nightstand. The vanity sat on the cattycorner wall. The dresser was on the wall to my left with a huge mirror above it. The room was an interior designers dream.

God I would kill to see the bathroom.

It was cold in here.

Cold.

Cold as ice. I closed my eyes.

Ice.

I felt my whole body clench in panic. My heartbeat quickened. My palms were clammy.

Deep breaths girl. Calm down. You can't be haunted by ice for the rest of your life.

When my heartbeat slowed back down, Michael walked back through the door.

"Where did you go?" He had clothes in his arms, but hasn't changed yet.

"We have a Jack-and Jill bathroom. My new room is on the other side. Paul will be in the room to your right, Joshua will be across my room, and Thomas will be across your room. They came with me to save you. They're all pains in the asses, but they're good at what they do" He smiles at me with a reassuring smile. He held out his hand. I stared at it wondering what the hell.

He cleared his throat again. Is he nervous? "I need you to stand so I can help you change. Sleeping in jeans isn't comfortable." I grasped his hand. I was terrified. He was going to see. Yet for some reason I was okay with him seeing my flaws. Him and Zeus. They only people I trusted.

I felt him right behind me. His breath danced around the back of my neck. "Lift your arms please." I hesitated. Trembling. I closed my eyes and lifted my arms. His fingers tickled my skin at the edge of my shirt. He gently pulled the shirt up higher and higher. His knuckles against my skin leaving trails of fire. When the shirt was at my ribcage I heard him gasp. I clenched my eyes tight. He trailed the shirt the rest of the way and I heard it fall to the ground.

We both stood there in complete silence. Him calculating my injuries. Me waiting for something. Anger, sadness, disgust, pity. His hands came up to my shoulders pressing them back down to my sides. My eyes shot open and I gasped. Not from pain but from the tingles that spread through my body. The warmth of his strong hands was a wonderful feeling. I watched our reflection in the glass. Enraptured with the vision of us. I felt something on my skin where my left shoulder and neck meet. Something soft.