Chapter 16- Iris

My body started to ache from the cold. It was hell. It was death. It was the shitty situation that I am now currently stuck in. I tried to remember what I was treacherous about, and realized, Well duh, I went to heavens and kind of traded dads. "Oh this life really sucks ass,"I said aloud. I felt my breath blow onto the ice, and felt the ice blow back into my face. Well that's just freezing. "Jesus christ my foot itches.". As I finished my sentence I heard a door open somewhere. Then I heard footsteps. The ice around my body had melted next to nothing, so I really couldn't move around. I heard the footsteps get closer and closer untill they were directly over my head. I heard a voice talk, but it was muffled. Like someone was talking through a pillow, I could make it out, but could easily make mistakes with what they were saying.

"It's quite warm in here. Wouldn't you agree Iris," Thanatos said. I felt a tear slip down my cheek, and prayed that someone would look for me and find me. I knew I wasn't getting myself out of this one. I heard the slosh of water hit the floor. "See Iris, we can't have the ice melting. Your body is warmer than the ice, therefore causing it to melt. We have to fill in the gaps." I heard the smile in his voice, and before I even knew what was going on, I felt the ice cold water. I moaned because I was unable to scream any longer.

I panicked when the water had hit my ankles.

I tried to move when it hit my knees.

I screamed when it hit my waist.

I cried when it hit my neck.

I blacked out when I was submerged.

The idea of death was something I never dwelled on often. I always believed that since I was an immortal goddess, death couldn't touch me. I never, ever, in my life realized that death was around me. No matter where I was it was always there. For three-thousand years, I have managed to keep myself obedient, and a good child in my fathers eyes. No matter how hard I tried, I still didn't feel the love I wanted to feel. I had always believed that there was just a small, tiny, miniscule sliver of him that loves me like a kid, but I have come to find out the hard way that there isn't.

So when the idea "Hey Iris, you might be dead" popped into my head, I didn't know how to feel about that. I didn't know if I was accepting or niif I was just ignoring the idea all together. People always say that there's a light, and all I see right now is darkness. People say that they feel themselves floating. I just feel numb. Detached. Well aware that there is a whole world moving along without me.

Everyday, Thanatos came by and poured more water into the erosion in the ice. Then the same process would happen as it filled higher and hogher. I panicked more and more. When I was in the ice, I had a little more thinking time than usual. I thought about Zeus, and the comfort that I had knowing that I told him the truth. I thought about Michael, and his beautiful eyes. I thought about Athena, and how terribly beautiful she is.  All these beautiful people. Yet here I am, dying. Fan-friggin-tastic.

That's when I realized. What if I am in Hell?

-

-

-

Okay ladies and gentlemen!!!!!!! I have been terribly busy with just..... stuff, and I figured I would give you an update sooner rather than much, much, much later. This is the last chapter we will be having from Iris's POV for a little while. Shes obviously stuck in a bad situation :P

Like, comment, vote!!!!!!

Also, I have been getting a couple messages about who Thanatos is. In very very veryy ancient greek, Thanatos was referred to as the God of death. He also is referred to as Hades's assistant. Some believe that Thanatos delivers gentle death, putting you in a sleep you will never wake up from, but some believe that he is worse than anything. So I tried to combine the two ideas :)

Thanks for the reads!!!