Chapter 13

After driving for about 30 minutes they arrived at the airport. They parked the car and got all their stuff, before they walked into the airport. There was a lot of people getting ready to travel all over the world. It was busy like you would expect doing the summer break. They went in line to check in their luggage, which surprisingly went fast compared to all the people in the airport. They had about 3 hours to spend in the airport before their flight left. So they had plenty of time to say goodbye to their parents.
"Remember to take care of each other and call us when you land" Dana said. "Remember to take pictures with the camera we got you!" Mike said as he hugged them goodbye. "I can't wait to hear about Europe when you get home" Carol said. "We will" the teens answered as they hugged Nini's moms and walked to security.

As expected the line for security was extremely long. They were so thankful that they didn't have to rush through the airport to catch their flight. They still had plenty of time to spend in the airport, so they decided to go to Starbucks to get some lunch before the 14 hour flight that left at noon.
"So I haven't really talked to you about the West End shows yet, but I really want to go watch at least one show" Nini said. "I know, how long are a show?" Ricky asked. "It depends, but they usually run for somewhere between 2 and a half hour, and 3 hours" Nini said as if it was nothing. "3 HOURS?! There is no way I can keep quiet for so long!" He said. "Please it is really important to me. And I don't want to get kicked out like we did at the cinema when we watched The Greatest Showman!" She begged him. She knew that he couldn't say no to that face. "Okay... but I get to choose the musical" Ricky said. "Of course! If that makes you agree on watching a musical then sure. I have been looking at Les Misérables, Wicked and Mamma Mia" Nini said and started describing all the musicals to him. "Definitely Wicked! It sounds so cool" Ricky said and that made Nini laugh. "Sure then that is the musical we are going to watch" she said. "Give me the camera, we need to take a picture together before we leave Salt Lake" he said as she gave him the camera from her backpack. "Smile!" He said as he took a selfie of both of them with the camera.

"Flight number 74628 to London boards at gate 48 in 10 minutes" the speaker lady said. "That's our flight, let's go" Ricky said as they walked through the airport. "What seats do we have?" Ricky asked Nini as she had the tickets. "We have a window set and the middle seat right beside it." She answered. "Where do you want to sit?" He asked her. "If you don't mind then I would like to have the window seat, at least for the long flight, on our shorter flights I don't really care" she started rambling. "Nini, it's okay that you get the window seat, don't worry" he said, took her hand and gave it a little squeeze to tell her that it was going to be okay.

They got on the plane, found their seats and got ready for takeoff. They did the math on what time they would arrive in London, and since they were taking off at noon, had to fly for 14 hours, that means that they would land at 2 am based on their time zone. London is 7 hours in front of them so they would land at 9am English time. So they would have to sleep on the plane to have energy enough for the next day.

They watched a couple of Disney movies on Disney+, only to be cut off by the meals that was included onboard. They started another movie, but neither of them finished the movie, about halfway through the movie Nini put her head on Ricky's shoulder and fell asleep shortly after. When Ricky noticed that about 20 minutes later, he carefully took off her headphones and placed her head back on his shoulder. He found the camera and took another selfie of them. He then stopped the movie, took of his own headphones and laid his head on top of hers and fell asleep.

They both were woken up 10 minutes before they were starting the landing by the stewardess, telling them that they were landing soon.

"Welcome to London it is 9am, and 14*C outside, enjoy your stay" they heard the pilot say into the speakers, as they collected all their stuff and waited till they were allowed to leave the plane. They didn't have to spend that much time in the airport because their luggage came pretty fast. So they went through the special gate, you have to go though when you travel from a non European country, since they was in no rush they decided to eat some breakfast before leaving the airport. While they ate they texted their parents that they have arrived, because they didn't want to wake them, since it is 2 am in Salt Lake. After breakfast they went outside and found a taxi to take them to the hotel.