Chapter 5

It is summer, almost time for their summer break between junior and senior year. Nini and Ricky is laying in the grass in Nini's backyard, looking up at the sky, as they so often do. Ricky is laying with his arms behind his head, with Nini's head on his stomach. They are enjoying the silence and each other's company while doing nothing at all. "Ricky?" Nini asks out of nowhere, while staring at the sky. "Yeah sweetie?" he answers while raising his head to look at her. "Do you have any plans for the summer break?", "nope, not really, but i really want to visit Europe some time! How cool would it be if we backpacked through Europe together sometime?".  While listening to the birds singing she answers "that sounds so cool! but I doubt that our parents will let us..." she adds sadly while sitting up and looking at Ricky. "Well, sweetie, there is no harm asking" Ricky says while smirking. This makes Nini giggle, she knows that her parents never would let her go to Europe ALONE with Ricky. Even though they just are best friends and have been since they meet in kindergarden. Nini have had this tiny tiny crush on Ricky for a while now, but she has kept it a secret and she haven't told anyone about it besides Kourtney.

After talking some more, they decide to go ask their parents if they can backpack though Europe. "Momma C, momma D I have a question for you" Nini says as she walks through the door. "Sure sweetie what's up?" Momma D asks. "Ricky and I were talking about summer break, and we both agreed on how cool it would be to backpack through Europe together, now that it is our last summer together before graduating and college." Nini answers. "That sounds like a good idea, but you guys know how expensive it is to go to Europe right? We have to talk with Mike about it, before we can give you a final answer, especially since you are going to be alone on the other side of the planet, we will think about it." Momma C says. "So is that a yes?!" Nini says excitingly. "No, it is a maybe." "Thank you so much moms" she says as she pulls them into a big hug before running up the stairs to her room to call Ricky. In the main time Ricky had a similar conversation with his dad about the trip. 

"Hi Neens!" Ricky says as he answers his phone. "How did your moms react?" He asks. "They said it was a good idea, but they had to think about it and talk with your dad before making any decisions" she says happily. "They said maybe Ricky, they said maybe! There is a possibility that we are going to Europe! I'm so excited!" "No way! My dad said exactly the same! Except he had to talk to your moms instead of himself" that comment makes Nini giggle. "It would be so cool if they let us!" She says. "It definitely would" he answers. "I know we said we wanted to backpack through Europe, but if I know myself, then it ends up being travelling in general trough Europe and not backpacking, I doubt I will have the space for all the stuff I might end up buying in a backpack" she says giggling. "You are probably right" he joins her in laughing. "I probably should get going, so I can get some sleep. See you tomorrow, sleep tight" she says "dream sweet dreams about me" she says jokingly "yeah right!" She says rolling her eyes before hanging up. What she didn't want to admit was the fact that she actually dreamt about him that night, just like she always do. This time their almost plans for Europe was involved in the dream as well.

______________________
I just want to add that Ricky's parents are divorced, she lives in Chicago with Todd, and there was drama between them as in the show, I'm just to lazy to write that part so I just jumped directly back to the present after the small flashbacks I did in the last couple of chapters. That is the reason why I don't plan on adding Lynne in the story because my focus will be on rini and their life in SLC.