Chapter 7

A couple of days have passed since Ricky and Nini was told, that they were allowed to go to Europe for the summer break. Both of them even found a job already and was so excited about the trip. Nini got a job at the local music store where she works Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday, while Ricky got a job at the local skate shop, also working Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday. They were both really lucky, that their favourite stores were looking for employees, right when they were looking for jobs. They even did an agreement with each other, that their parents doesn't know of yet, that they want to keep working doing senior year, so they can pay them back, well they both knew they couldn't pay it all back by working part-time, but they wanted to give back to them, because the trip meant so much to them. So they talked to the owners, and they were allowed to be on leave doing the time they were in Europe.

Time is flying by, and it is almost time for EJ's graduation. Since he is a year older than the others he graduates a year before them. They decided to have a sleepover at Ashlyn's house to celebrate, that he finally is done with high school, but also just to hang out before the summer break starts.

"So EJ how does it feel to be a high school graduate?" Ashlyn asks. "Well... I don't know yet" he says jokingly. "EJ! You know what I mean!" She shouts to her cousin. "I'm just kidding Ash! But yeah, it is kinda weird, I thought I would be really happy to graduate, but I just realised how much I'm going to miss you guys when I'm at college." He answers. "Aww EJ we are going to miss you too!" Gina says hugging him from the side laying her head on his shoulder. "Ehm... what is that about?" Carlos asks. "I thought we had told you guys, but we're dating" EJ answers giving Gina a kiss on her head. "How long?!" Is the question that Nini asks. The couple look at each other, as if they have to count how long they have been together. "A little over 2 and a half months" Gina answers. "No way! How have you kept it a secret for so long?" Carlos exclaims. "Because we didn't tell you?" EJ answers confusingly. "Honey, let them be. We didn't tell anyone about us for a while, did we?" Seb says to Carlos. "Fine" he answers.

They kept on talking and having fun for hours before they decided to watch a movie. After a long discussion, that Big Red and Ricky lost by the way, they settled on Grease. Because which group of theatre kids wouldn't watch Grease at a sleepover? As usual all the couples (this also includes Ricky and Nini) were cuddling, while Kourt just sat alone in her chair eating popcorn and singing along. I think we all know that if theatre kids watch a musical movie at a sleepover it doesn't really include that much actual watching, but more acting out the scenes while singing along on top of your lungs, this wasn't any different. Even though Ricky hated musicals he had a soft spot for Grease, mostly because it was one of Nini's favourites, and because Nini made him watch it too many times to count, so he knew the songs by heart.
Throughout the movie they sang along, as if they were actually setting up the musical as a production at school, which included Carlos as the choreographer. When "Hopelessly devoted to you" came on they decided to let all the girls sing it as a quartet, instead of a solo, and compared to the fact that they were singing on top of their lungs it actually sounded really good with their different voices, some sang the melody, others took some high notes and some low notes (A/N I know a word for this in Danish (flerstemmigt) since I study music, but I can't find the English word sorry (Google translate says "polyphonic") lol) it was a beautiful arrangement they made up at the spot. At the end they received standing ovation from the boys which resulted in the girls taking a bow before sitting back down, while laughter filled the room. They didn't really care that their mood didn't match the mood in the movie, they just wanted to have fun. Which they most definitely did. After their dance party to "You're the one that I want" and "We go together" they had way too much energy to go to sleep even though it already was 1 am. So they decided to sit and talk about their plans for the summer break. Ricky and Nini hadn't told them about their trip to Europe yet, and has been dreading to tell them, because they knew that their friends probably were planning to do stuff together for the whole break now that it is their last summer before EJ is off to college.
"So Ricky what are your plans for the summer break?" Red asks his best friend. "Well, Nini and I are going to travel trough Europe, starting in London and ending in Madrid 62 days later" Ricky answers.

_______________________
Happy 20th birthday Josh!
(I think you can guess what day I posted this if you read it sometime in the future lol)
And I'm sorry for keeping switching between past and present, but I tried to only write in present now, but apparently it is harder that I thought lol, so let's just overlook that.