Chapter 22

The next morning they had to pack up everything since they had to go to the airport to fly to Copenhagen, even though a train ride would have been fine. It wasn't possible to get there by train these days because they were doing rail work so all trains on that route had been canceled. So they had no other choice than to take an airplane. All their clothes on the drying rack was now completely dry, so they packed that stuff first. Since Nini had to pack more stuff than Ricky, he decided to bring back the drying rack to the reception, before continuing packing the rest of his own stuff.

They checked out of the hotel and went to the airport. They got there pretty early, because they expected the lines to be pretty long since they were traveling in the middle of the day. They arrived at the airport around noon and their flight wasn't till 4 pm, but since the lines in the other airports had been humongous they decided to go there early, which now gave them about 3 hours inside the airport before takeoff. So they decided to a restaurant to get some food and look up stuff you can do in Copenhagen. As they did some research they found out, that the 2 oldest and still operating amusement parks in the world, both where in Denmark, one in the middle of Copenhagen and the other is in Klampenborg 18 minutes from centrum. They talked about which one they wanted to visit, and they decided on the youngest of the two, Tivoli, which was right in the middle of Copenhagen, you literally just have to cross the street and you are at the central station. They then texted their parents that they were in the airport.

They spent some more time making a schedule for their time in Copenhagen. When they heard a voice in the speaker. "Flygnummer 84704 till Köpenhamn kl. 16.00 gör dig redo för ombordstigning på tio minuter vid gate 37" the voice said in Swedish, and they didn't understand a word of that. Luckily for their sake they repeated it in English shortly after. "Flight number 84704 to Copenhagen at 4 pm is boarding at gate 37 in 10 minutes". So they packed up their stuff and went towards the gate. Since the flight only was 75 minutes they decided to play cards on the plane.

When they arrived in Copenhagen airport at 5:15 pm, they called their parents to tell them that they had arrived safely, then they got their luggage at the luggage pick up and walked out to the arrival terminal. They had done some research and found out that it was much cheaper to take public transportation in Denmark than use taxis, so they went and got a ticket that was valid for their whole trip. They then walked out to find the bus they were supposed to take. After looking around for a while (and having to ask some locals), they found the bus stop for bus 5C. It was a long bus that had a weird middle that kinda looked like a harmonica. It was light blue and yellow. They got onto the bus and waited for their stop, where they had to get on another bus to take them the rest of the way.

"Næste stop Willumsvej, next stop Willumsvej" the speaker said. Nini looked at her phone to check the name of their stop. "Okay, our stop is the stop after this one, called Vejlands Allé?" She said making a face as she tried to pronounce the street name. The speaker then told them that they had arrived at their stop, so they went to the door and clicked on the door opener button. They then crossed the street to wait for their next bus, bus 18. "Wow that bus made me seasick" Ricky said referring to how bumpy the ride with bus 5C was. Bus 18 finally came and took them to their hotel, a hotel called Bella sky. It looked really interesting, and is located on the island that is connected to Copenhagen by several bridges, called Amager. And was a 3 minute walk from the metro that could take you into the center of Copenhagen in about 10 minutes. The hotel was 23 stories high and there was rooms on 22 of them, and a sky bar at the top floor, with a really good view over the island. It was located right by a green area called Amager fælled, which is some kind of a forest without really qualifying as a forest. If you took the metro two stops the the end station, in the opposite direction of Copenhagen, you will arrive at another green area called 'natur center vestamager' which means 'the nature center of western Amager.'

________________________
This is the hotel from the outside

________________________This is the hotel from the outside