Chapter 47

Time was passing by really fast and senior prom was coming up. Ricky had yet to ask Nini to be his prom date. He knew that they were going together even if he didn't do a promposal or anything like that, but he still felt like he had to do something extraordinary to invite her to prom. So he came up with a plan. He was going to write her a song and sing it to her in her bedroom, as he knew she wasn't the type of girl that likes the big promposals. So he wanted to keep it between the two of them.

Nini was sitting on her bed writing the lyrics to a song she is working on into her new songbook that isn't so new anymore, as a lot of the pages has been filled with song lyrics. The songbook is the one she bought in London, while they watched Les mis, that had the text 'do you hear the people sing?' on front along with the poster photo of Cosette. She was humming as she heard a knock on the door, she started smiling as she knew it was Ricky "come in!" She said. "Hi darling" he said as he gave her a small kiss. "What's up with the ukulele?" She said as she nodded towards the ukulele she just now noticed he was holding in his hands. "Well, I have been working on this song, but I kinda want to get your feedback on it before anyone else gets to hear it" he said to cover up the fact that he was going to invite her to prom. "I would love to! Just start whenever you are ready" she said as she gave him another kiss. "Okay here goes" he said as he started singing.

"Hey Nini, I like your face,
your big brown eyes,
and your warm embrace.
And I have a question for you tonight.
I hope you think it through and you will not decline.
On April 17th maybe you'll be mine.
If you say you will go with me to prom that night.
I'm aware that I'm your boyfriend.
I'm aware you kinda expect me to do this.
Bu-u-u-ut, hey Nini,
I'd like to know if you would wanna go-o-o-o-o-o to prom with me.
Hey Nini I'd like to know if you would wanna go-o-o-o-o-o to prom with me."
(A/N I just changed a couple words so it fit with this storyline, the video is Josh singing the actual song he wrote)

When Ricky finished the song Nini was crying out of happiness, she didn't know what to do, so she just threw herself into his arms before kissing him. "I guess that is a yes?" He said with a big smile. "Of course it does babe, I wouldn't want to go to prom with anyone else. I love you" she said. "I love you too" he said before kissing her again. Nini deepened the kiss, and before they knew it they were making out on her bed. One thing led to another, soon they were laying naked in bed cuddling after making love to each other. They had gotten more practice since their first time, so it wasn't that awkward anymore. But let's just say that they were happy that Dana and Carol was out on a date that night, so they wouldn't be interrupted, because that would have been awkward.

"NINI! RICKY IS HERE!" Carol shouted from downstairs where she was waiting with Ricky who was dressed in a suit with a tie that would match her dress. "I'm coming" she said as she left her room. "Wow darling! You look beautiful as always!" Ricky said as he saw Nini. "And you look handsome" she said as she wrapped her arms around him and gave him a kiss, they didn't really care that her moms was watching them, as they already was aware about the stuff they were doing, they of course didn't know when they were doing it, because who tells their parents that? "Okay time for pictures!" Dana said to break the couple apart, as they would be late if they kept kissing. So they posed for pictures. (Pictures they would add to the spare page of their photo album, as it definitely was going to be a night to remember, so why not add that to their book of memories?)

"Can I have this dance?" Ricky asked and held his hand out towards his girlfriend, as 'Can I have this dance' from hsm3 came on. "Of course" she said as she took his hand and they started slow dancing together. "You don't know how happy I am, that it's you I'm dancing with at my senior prom, I couldn't imagine going with anyone else" Nini said as her head was resting on his chest. "Neens it's common sense that I wouldn't want to go to prom with anyone else. And if I got the chance I would do it all again. I'm sorry that it took me so long to stop lying to myself as it only was a matter of time before I realized I feel something about you sweetheart. I kept telling myself that you're lovely and that heaven is you, which makes me rest easy, you really are my one and only. I love you so much Angel." Ricky said as he learned down to kiss her head before pulling her into a kiss. "I love you too Ricky" she said.

The end

________________________
As the last part of the chapter said, this is the end of the story, but it isn't completely done yet, as there is going to be an epilogue to this story.

I hope you caught the Josh references in the last line, how many did you find?

Well thank you so much for reading my book and I never expected it to get so many reads!

The reason why I added this chapter was because I got inspired by Josh's interview with BuzzFeed where he told us that Ricky originally was supposed to ask Nini to something with a song (6:45 - 7:13 in the video).

So I thought why not add it as a sweet little ending to the book.