Chapter 39

A/N: I'm back!

The next morning they woke up really early to cuddle out on the balcony while watching the sunrise. They couldn't get breakfast delivered to their room before 7am which meant that they had to wait a couple hours before they could get any breakfast, but they didn't care.

The sunrise was beautiful and the balcony had a nice outdoor couch that they cuddled on. They were still in their pjs and Nini was still pretty tired so she ended up falling asleep in Ricky's arms while cuddling. Ricky didn't mind, but he didn't know if he should look at the sunrise or at the beautiful girl in his arms, that he finally after so many years could call his girl. He couldn't help but smile when she cuddled closer into him. Who would have known that this trip would change their relationship so much for the better. (He was pretty sure that their friends were betting about it behind their backs though, but he didn't care).

After about an hour or two of her sleeping in his arms, he heard a knock on the door, and he knew that it was room service that had arrived with their breakfast, they were still impressed that they could get the breakfast delivered to their room without extra expenses. "Babe wake up" he said as he kissed her forehead, "our breakfast is here and I have to go open the door" he continued as she let out a big yawn and crawled out of his arms. As he went to open the door she went to their table on the balcony. She was kinda sad that she missed the sunrise, but she really needed the sleep.

Ricky came out to the balcony with the tray and sat in down on the table, before giving her a kiss and sat down on his own chair. "Breakfast is served darling!" "Thank you babe, have I told you how much I lo... like you?" She said, she almost told him that she loves him, but she wasn't sure if it was to early to say it yet, so she changed it to like while she was saying it. "So do we have anything planned for today?" She asked. "Well I was thinking we could go for a stroll through the city and then go on a gondola ride tonight" he answered. "That sounds so romantic! I can't wait!" She said as she leaned over the table and gave him a kiss.

They were walking hand in hand through Venice and sometimes they stopped to take pictures of each other in front of the buildings. After a while they asked a stranger to take some pictures of them together, and they took one they really liked. Nini was on Ricky's back near the canal and they were smiling having the time of their lives. "Thank you so much" they said as the stranger handed them their camera back. They walked some more before they found a cafe to get some lunch.

A couple hours later they were walking towards the gondola they had booked, when Nini started complaining about how much her feet hurt because she chose the wrong shoes that morning. "Babe you don't have to walk if your feet hurt as much as you say, jump on my back" Ricky said and walked in front of her, so she could jump on his back. "Hold on tight spider monkey!" He said as he started running down the street, which made Nini laugh "you did not just make a Twilight reference!" She said shocked when he slowed down and she had caught her breath. "And so what if I did?" He said laughing. "It's weird!" She said as she leaned forward to kiss his cheek. A few minutes later they reached the gondola and had an romantic trip down the canal as the lights of the city turned on.

The next couple days passed in a blur so they decided to go to the hotel rooftop terrace to get a better view of the city before they would leave Venice to go to Rome later that day. "Wow the view is beautiful up here!" Ricky said when they walked to the edge to see the view. "It truly is!" She said, they stood there for a couple minutes in silence soaking in the energy of Venice before they had to pack their stuff and go catch their train. "How about one last picture of us here?" Ricky said. "Yeah that's nice, how about a kiss picture?" Nini suggested. "I like that idea" he said as he smiled and learned in to kiss her.

"The train to Rome leaves in a few minutes, please get on the train" they heard over the speaker as they ran into the station, they where a little late because there was a line at the reception when they had to check out, but they got on the train in time and were of to Rome.

___________________________________
As the first A/N said, I'm back! I finally turned in my assignment a couple days ago. It feels so unreal, as I have been terrified of writing this assignment since I started in high school almost 3 years ago! I still have to do an oral exam based on that assignment, but that isn't till the end of June, so I'm fine! And I'm so happy and relieved that it is done, as I was pretty stressed in the beginning as my sheet music I needed to analyze hadn't arrived in the mail yet, but I still had 10 days when it arrived in the mail.
(Btw this isn't proofread lol)