Chapter 40

As they were sitting in the train towards Rome they decided to make sure how many days they had left before they were going back home. "Okay so, today is august 19th and we are staying in Rome till august 22nd right?" Nini asked as Ricky was looking at their tickets. "Yep, that's correct, and after that we fly to Barcelona where we stay till august 26th before we take the train to Madrid which is our final stop before we fly home on august 31st" he said as he looked through their different travel documents. "I can't believe how fast this summer break have passed" Nini said as she realized they had about two weeks left.

A while later they arrived in Rome and found their hotel, as usual they arrived pretty late, so they went to bed shortly after eating some late dinner.

The next day they decided to visit a park that they heard was really beautiful and have a picnic there, so they found a supermarket and bought the stuff they needed to have a picnic. They ended up getting a couple sandwiches and some fruit.

After they finished eating they just sat there for a while, when Nini decided to take a picture of Ricky who sat in the grass beside a beautiful flowerbed. "Smile" she said as she took the picture. "Aww you look adorable in this picture babe" she said almost with heart eyes. "Can I post it on Instagram?" She asked, "sure but let me see it first" he said as she showed him the picture. "Yeah you can post that, but don't give away in the caption that we are dating, I kinda want to see our friends reaction when we announce it to them when we get home" he said laughing. "That is going to be hilarious!" She said as the posted the picture with the caption, "look at this cute dork I stumbled across in a park in Rome". "And now it's posted" she said.

They decided to go get some real Italian gelato, as that should be even better than "normal" gelato

They decided to go get some real Italian gelato, as that should be even better than "normal" gelato. "Wow this is good!" Ricky said. "It really is, try mine" she said as she put some on her spoon and put it into his mouth. "Mmmmm that is so good as well! Open up" he said as he gave her some of his gelato as well. It was really obvious that they were still in the honeymoon phase of their relationship.

They didn't really have anything special planned, so they just walked around the city as they had decided to visit the tourist attractions the next couple days.

The next day they went to Colosseum and the different plazas around the city. They were beautiful but definitely crowded, but most tourists attractions are, so that wasn't such a big surprise.

As they were walking hand in hand through the city they found a little shop that sold local produced things, and they found a cute little pin for Nini's collection.

The rest of the days passed in a blur like so many of the days before had, and they were on their way to the airport to go to Barcelona which were exciting but at the same time a little sad, as it meant that their trip was nearing the end, even though they still had 10 days before boarding their flight back to Salt Lake.

"As much as I like being alone with you on the other side of the earth, I kinda miss home" Ricky said. "I get what you mean, we have been away from home for so long at this point that I miss my own bed, but as long as I get to sleep in your arms it doesn't matter where on the earth we are." She said which made him give her a kiss. "I couldn't agree more darling, and I just realized something, we haven't been on an actual date yet, but since we are together 24/7 right now, I think it might be better to have our first actual date when we get back home, I actually already have something in mind" he said. "I didn't really think about that, but I would love to go on an actual date with you when we get home babe, what do you have in mind?" she said as she tiptoed to peck his lips. "Well then that's decided, I'm taking you on a date when we get home. And for the idea that is for me to know, I want it to be a surprise princess." He answered and gave her another kiss before they went inside the airport to check in and get ready for their flight.

_____________________________
Sorry for the bad chapter, I feel like I lost my writing ability lol

On another note, I was heartbroken when I saw Josh's insta stories yesterday. WHO THE HELL HURT OUR BEAUTIFUL ANGEL?! Everyone is talking about mental health and about how important that is, but as soon it comes to Josh it apparently doesn't matter... we tried to make the hashtag #weloveyoujoshy trend on Twitter, and what happened? Toxic Liv stans decided to use that tag as well to send him more hate. I'm seriously so worried about him, and I really want to give him a big hug and tell him that everything is going to be okay, and that he is so so loved.

As I wrote this I stumbled across this picture on Twitter (by serafinibassett) and I couldn't have said it better myself so I will add it here as well.