Chapter 8

"Wait are you serious?" Kourt asks. "Yeah, we are flying to London on July 1st and then we are back again on September 1st sometime in the middle of the night" Nini answers. "Is it just you guys or are your parents going to be there as well?" Gina asks. "It is just us, which is why we both have gotten a job last month, so we can pay for some of the trip, since it is going to be pretty expensive, but our parents agreed on it since it will be a really good experience to discover new parts of the world together, before we are off to college next year" Ricky answers before explaining more about their plans for the trip. Ricky and Nini were so happy that they wasn't mad at them, for not telling them. They were actually excited for them, and wished they could join their trip (but at the same time they wanted the oblivious love birds to have some alone time on the other side of the earth). They ended up asking for some souvenirs and pictures instead.
"So you still have a week after you get home before school starts again right?" Gina asks. "That's right, and we plan to fill you all in on our trip when we get back from Europe" Ricky says. "Cool! Then we have a week to hang out before I'm off to college." EJ says, even though he was hoping he could spend his last summer break before college with all of his friends. But he had to accept that Ricky and Nini had a much better plan (which he would have loved doing as well) and were really happy and excited on their behalf.

After a while they decided to go to sleep on the air mattresses that were spread all over the floor. Now that they finally announced their relationship, Gina and EJ were sharing one, so was Seb and Carlos. Red and Ashlyn shared another one. Kourt had her own, so she had lots of space on hers. And Ricky and Nini were sharing as well since that's what they have been doing their whole life at their sleepovers. The rest of the group had kinda given up about the "couple that JUST are best friends" or "the love birds" they had been given many nicknames they didn't know of. So they just accepted the fact that they were cuddling in their sleep. And hoped that someday the two love birds would realise that they liked each other and started dating.

The next morning Kourt woke up as the first one, so she was tiptoeing her way through the living room to take pictures of all the sleeping couples, especially pictures of the love birds. She knew people would get mad at her for doing so, but she didn't care, because in the future they would love to look back and see how cute they were cuddling together as teens (if they actually stayed together through the years, but you never know if you find your soulmate in high school, or in this case before 5th grade).

About 20 minutes later everyone started to wake up, soon there was laughter filling the room as they started talking about random stuff. They couldn't decide who was going to make breakfast, so they decided to take a vote, the two with the most votes had to make breakfast for all of them, because there wasn't space for everyone in Ashlyn's kitchen.
After the brief discussion they ended up giving most votes to Ricky and Nini. So of to the kitchen for them.

They decided to make pancakes for everyone, since you can't really go wrong with pancakes (except if they prefer waffles of course!). They found the ingredients and started mixing them all together. Nini looked away for a second, in which Ricky dipped his finger into the batter, and the second she looked back at him, he put the batter on her nose. "RICKY!" Nini said while grabbing a handful of flour and threw it at him, which resulted in a food fight. Soon the kitchen was a complete mess and they were covered in food.

"What is going on here?" Ashlyn asks, walking into the kitchen with the others right behind her. "I'm sorry Ash but Ricky started it! We will clean it up I promise." Nini says. "Nini it's fine, as long as we actually get some food, the guys are pretty hungry. Why don't we take over and you guys go take a shower, Nini you can use the bathroom in my room, Ricky you can use the guests bathroom upstairs" Ash says before taking the kitchen stuff out of their hands pushing them out of the kitchen. "Understood ma'am!" Ricky salutes before walking to the bathroom.