THIRTY EIGHT

ONE YEAR LATER.

REGANS POV

Today was my last day at Hogwarts. I finished year seven surrounded by all my friends, besides Draco. I had still never heard from him after the battle. I hadn't move forgotten but I had to start trying to live my life.

This last year was bitter sweet. It was odd all the new students staring at us like we were some type of royalty. Even people we had known for years did that too, at least for the first few months. Especially Harry, everyone was always staring at Harry. People even asked for his autograph from time to time.

As I walked down the halls for the last time, ready to head to the burrow for the summer I stopped in front of the "wall of fame". They decided to not cast away and forget the battle that happened here, but instead learn from it and celebrate our triumph.

In the middle of the glass case there was a several articles plastered all over the inside.

The largest one in the middle was about Harry of course, the headline reading:

THE CHOSEN ONE: HARRY POTTER VANQUISHES THE DARK LORD.

It has a large photo of Harry in his Gryffindor robe just underneath it.

There were several other small articles scattered around the one about Harry.

REMEMBERING CEDRIC DIGGORY

DUMBLEDORE BURIED WITH GLORY

HONORING OUR FALLEN STUDENTS AND STAFF

And my least favorite, catching my eye just beside the picture of Harry.

REGAN DIGGORY: THE GIRL WHO SURVIVED

A picture of me standing beside Harry was attached to it as well.

The triwizard cup trophy with Harry and Cedrics names printed side by side was in there as well.

"A lot of good memories." Professor McGonagall smiled, walking up beside me.

"And a few bad." I teased.

"It's been an honor teaching you." She admitted.

I turned towards her with a smile plasters across my face. It was an honor to be taught by professor McGonagall. She was brilliant and always had our best interest at heart.

"I think the honor was being able to learn from you."

She put one arm around my shoulder and gave me a gentle squeeze.

"Well— you best be off." She smiled. "I thought Potter and Weasley had already left?"

"They did, I told them I'd meet them at the borrow."

She nodded and I walked away, headed for the doors of Hogwarts where I would leave this castle for the last time. Leaving behind so many memories, both good and bad. Tears filling my eyes as I made my way through the large doors.

I turned around and looked at the school one last time, sucking in a deep breath and letting it slowly escape me before turning away, knowing I would never be back. At least not as a student.

—————————————————————————-

DRACO POV

As I helped my mother seal the last remaining envelopes, I couldn't help but notice a sick look on her face, like she was upset.

"Are you alright mum?" I asked.

She shot a glance at me, locking her eyes into mine. She looked me up and down for some time, not saying anything. I was starting to think she may be worried about returning to the manor, back to our old lives after all this time. I knew I was a little nervous, but it was time. It had been over a year since we left.