EX:27

Chapter 27

Sixty's Perspective

"Whatever you fear is not your fate."-Unknown

•••••••

I hadn't heard from my brother in two weeks and we always stayed in touch with each other. The longest we'd go without talking was three days whether if that was through text, calls, or seeing each other. This was not sitting right with me. I had gone to his job only to find out that he took a week off, none of his friends had heard from him except for Twon who wasn't picking up the phone at the moment, my parents hadn't seen him, and Tiana wasn't answering my calls either. I had a bad feeling about all of this, which was never good.

I didn't have time for all of this. With the semester ending soon, I was drowning in assignments and organization meetings.

The bottom of my shoes made contact with the pavement as I stepped out of my car locking the doors. I must've knocked a hundred times on Owen's front door getting no answer, but he had to be home because his truck was parked out front. I knocked a few more times growing impatient before giving his doorknob a twist. The door opened making me suspicious.

Why would he leave his door unlocked? What if he had been murdered?

Countless questions roamed my brain as I walked into the apartment. I slide off my flats not wanting to create any additional sounds. I closed the door behind me quietly and flipped the light switch a few times. The lights weren't coming on making my heart rate increase. I grabbed the pocket blade in my purse pulling it out.

Once I stepped further into the house I noticed a pair of feet on the floor laid out. I broke out into a sweat peeking over the couch only to find Owen laying on the floor looking up at the ceiling.

I sighed shaking my head.

This nigga was starting to aggravate me with all of his dramatic bullshit.

I stuffed the knife back into my purse.

"Owen," he ignored me as I kicked his leg telling him to get up.

"What the hell is wrong with you? I've been calling you back to back for the past two days, and why won't your lights come on?"

"Didn't feel like payin' the bill." He said with a nonchalant attitude making me even more upset.

"What?! So you just gon sit up in here with no electricity, what about your groceries?"

"Ain't shit in that fridge."

I rushed over to his refrigerator finding nothing but some old strawberries and a stick of butter.

"What the hell?!"

The apartment was a complete mess with dirty dishes in the sink and random shit all over the place. I knew my brother like the back of my hand and he was never a dirty person. Something had to be going on with him and Tiana, which is why she wasn't answering my phone calls and he refused to clean up and pay his fucking light bill.

I moved a pair of jeans off of his kitchen island and sat my purse down.

"Owen get your ass up, this is pathetic."