EX:5

Chapter 5

Faith's Perspective

"If you live for people's acceptance, you will die from their rejection."-Lecrae

•••••

THE dusty field was covered in dirt sweeping along grass and untouched land. I adjusted my leather boots stained from the water hoses a few feet away. Before I could wipe the sweat away from my puffy cheeks an extremely tall horse ran up to me sounding off. I placed my hand out in front of him grasping his attention finally getting him to calm down. The noise that left his mouth was much softer as I stroked the hairs above his nose.

"Pixel," Monica yelled out stomping over from the other side of the ranch.

She came near the horse and me throwing her string hat onto the ground looking angrier than ever.

"I thought I told you not to run away like that?" Her voice became softer as she touched the horse along with me.

"Relax baby he just missed me that's all." I came closer to Monica placing a feather like kiss on her right cheek.

"Does that mean he has to speed up my heartrate? I thought I closed all of the cages up anyway?"

"Well you didn't." I gestured towards Pixel pulling Monica into my arms.

She rolled her eyes before allowing me to gently make out with her using both of my hands to hold her pretty face. She pulled away from me biting her bottom lip.

"Faith please don't get me started not right now." She whispered making me giggle.

"Or what?" I teased giving the horse a gallon of water from a silver metal bucket.

"Or I might not be able to stop myself." She slapped my ass making me gasp.

Her laughter was interrupted by the sounds of feet walking through the grass behind us.

"Really girls right now, in the public eye?" The lady behind us folded her arms fixing the floral ascot around her neck.

Monica straightened up as I cleared my throat.

"Mom I thought I sent you to get more hay for tomorrow?"

"I did, your father has it in the trunk." She pulled a personal mirror out of her shoulder purse applying red lipstick to her full heart shaped lips.

"You brought dad too?" I pushed a wad of hair behind my ears.

Monica sighed.

She put the mirror down looking astonished, "of course I did Faith, is that problem?"

"No, not at all." My response was very nonchalant.

Her phone beeped distracting her. I tuned my mother's conversation out making eye contact with Monica giving her apologetic eyes.

"I'll be right back, your father needs help carrying the hay." She turned around rushing off through the fields.

Monica came closer to me grabbing me by the waist.