EX: 19

Chapter 19

Ally's Perspective

"Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back everything is different."-C.S. Lewis

•••••

       I bumped my head to the music playing from the radio in my car at the red light. My schedule was very empty after work and since I was in a good mindset I decided to visit my mother's house because she wanted me to help her out in her garden. Maybe Andre was right, trying to spend some quality time with my mother could be a good thing. It was time to stop being so stubborn and start opening up more to her.

      When I pulled up into her driveway I exited my vehicle. The sun was out so I wore a pair of sunglasses with my hair pulled back in a ponytail. My mother heard the sound of me locking my car doors so she came from the backyard gesturing for me with her hands up in the air. I walked at a fast pace as my brown wedges clicked against the pavement.

Once I got in the backyard I sat my purse in a nearby chair.

"How's your day been?" My mom asked squatting down on the ground to shovel a pit of dirt.

"It's been good just work as usual."

"You still workin' at that car dealership?"

"Yep, five days a week now."

"You know you can do much more besides being a call center representative."

Here she goes.

     Although I knew she had good intentions and wanted the absolute best for me, I didn't need to hear this right now.

I poured water over a couple of her miniature tomatoes.

"I know, but I like my job it's stable and easy. The people there are cool and I can finally afford to pay the utilities where I live plus I'm sitting down all day. Besides grandma left the house to me so I don't have to worry about rent or mortgage so why not?"

She shrugged her shoulders agreeing with me, "those are all good reasons, I guess you know what you're doing."

I changed the subject growing tired of the topic.

"Have you spoken with Andre recently?" I asked.

      Andre was always her favorite which was hard to believe considering he stayed in trouble during his teenage years. However, my mother had always desired to have a boy over a girl and I was never planned like Andre I just... happened.

"No not really, why?"

That was hard to believe.

"He sort of got into it with Owen over something silly."

"Over what?" She put her hands on her hips.

"It's a long story, I was just letting you know."

She shook her head, "those boys have been the best of friends since he started working as a mechanic. It had to be something serious for them to risk all of that. I should call him later on tonight." She mumbled to herself.