EX:45

Chapter 45

Ally's Perspective

"Don't walk away from a great gift just because it's not in the package you prefer"-Rigel J. Dawson

.......

THE constant sound of ringing irritated my ears as I waited for another person to answer on the opposite side of the phone.

I had called about ten different hospitals and twice as many doctor offices searching for a potential surgeon who wasn't in a ridiculously high price range. With hearing the endless sound of ringing all morning and afternoon long I was beyond agitated.

Then once I was on the phone with someone it's like they didn't have a single care in the world for my situation. There was no type of sympathy or concern, only rushed protocols and standard procedures.

I was about to hang up the phone when the voice of an older man spoke through the line.

"Dr. Tate's office how can I help you?"

I sat up in my chair, "yes hi, I was wondering if you all had a Gastroenterologist on duty that I would be able to speak with me for a moment? I have a very serious question to ask."

The man on the opposite side of the phone said nothing for a moment, "I'm sorry ma'am but this is a doctor's office for pediatric care."

I was thrown off by his response looking down at my laptop screen.

"Online it says that you're doctors all specialize in digestive, intestinal, and stomach surgeries."

I heard the noise of typing in the background before he spoke again, "ah, that was about two years ago the information hasn't been updated, our business was bought out. Again, we specialize in pediatric care now ma'am."

I shut my eyes trying my hardest to not become frustrated. Why wasn't their information updated online?

"Okay thank you," I mumbled pressing the red button on my phone.

I sat my phone down on my mother's kitchen table glancing at her laid across the living room sofa with a thick blue blanket wrapped around her body. She snored lightly in her sleep as the television set played reruns of One on One episodes in the background.

I'd been over at her place all day taking care of her.

I felt extremely bad about how I had been treating her for the past few months when she only wanted me to pick up her mail and help her out around the house with a few things. Now I was doing everything I could to help take care of her out of guilt and it was eating me alive.

"Still no luck?" Tiana asked coming into the kitchen from the bathroom.

She had been over here all day with me as well for support.

I told her I was fine coming on my own but she wouldn't let up, although it was nice to have her around.

"Nope," I looked down at the list of numbers jotted down on a plain white folder noticing that all of them were scratched through, meaning there was no one else to call.