EX:47

Chapter 47

Owen's Perspective

"You're the best thing I have ever waited for."-Unknown

.......

"I love you," I placed a simple peck on my momma's cheek before pulling her into a hug.

"Mhm, I love you too boy now get up off of me."

I pulled away giving her some space. My momma wasn't exactly the most affectionate person.

"Imma be back over here next Friday morning to finish up."

"Okay, Owen now go ahead and head on out of here I'm ready to go to bed."

"Dang, you just gon keep rushing me I'm bout to go."

The last two days I had been off from work, my only two days off for the week to be exact. My pops and momma needed the grass cut in their front yard and since I had a lawnmower and nothing to really do I had been over their house for the past two days helping out.

It gave me a lot of free time to sit and talk with both of my parents about random shit since Sixty wasn't around as much.

Nighttime had come about and after being out at their house all day I wanted to head home, take a shower, and go to bed.

I felt sticky and sweaty and my white t-shirt had become dirty.

I said goodbye to both of my parents before leaving out of the house.

When I got back on the road to start my route home I turned up the radio focusing on the road.

My phone lit up starting to ring.

I looked over to see that Andre was calling me. I didn't want to be rude and not answer his phone call but I also didn't feel like being bothered. I picked up the phone anyway putting it up to my ear while keeping a lookout for any nearby cop cars.

"Wussup," I answered driving steady on the dark dirt road.

"Nigga I thought you was comin' out with me and Twon tonight?" I heard loud music playing in the background.

I had completely forgotten about them inviting me out tonight to some club downtown. Lately, my mind had been on working all the time. I didn't feel like getting dressed up and I damn sure didn't feel like going anywhere.

"Oh, shit nigga I forgot, yall already there or somethin'?"

"We been here for bout an hour now, it's a cool lil place I fuck with it. We was waitin' on yo ass to show up."

I thought about whether I should go or not knowing that I would have to wait longer to get some good sleep in, but I didn't want to let down my niggas again. I had been bailing out on everything recently.

Maybe I could go just to get a few drinks in then head home.

"Aight I'll come through just to show my face but it's gon take me a while I'm leavin' out the country all sweaty and shit."