EX:30

Chapter 30

Ally's Perspective

"You can only move on if you accept that it's gone."-Unknown

•••••••

       THERE was a slight feeling of numbness in my face and I had lost a small amount of balance when walking letting me know that I had reached my drinking limit. However, I did feel better about having to hold a conversation with both Andre and Kenny. This might've been easy for them, but I tended to overthink situations.

         I grabbed my purse that sat in the middle of Twon's couch and quickly found my bottle of perfume inside. I sprayed it all over my body hoping to get rid of the smell of alcohol. Nobody paid attention to me as they minded their own business. Once zipping my purse back up I looked up to meet eyes with Kenny. He gave me an intrigued glance after raking his eyes over my attire.

Oh God, he had seen me.

        I mentally cursed myself out before making my way over to Kenny, Andre, and Twon. There was an awkward moment of silence as we all shared eye contact with one another. I threw Andre into a hug not knowing what to do with myself.

"You excited to see me? What the hell happened?" He joked pulling away from the hug after a few seconds.

His comment caused Kenny to chuckle.

Kenny and I exchanged eye contact awkwardly before I began looking around the room again.

"Ally everything ain't gotta be all weird between us, what happened in the past over with," Kenny said.

Andre nodded his head chuckling.

"Kenny and I straightened everything out, we know our boundaries now."

          I simply responded with a nod. A part of me desired to know what had happened between them that led to them making up, also I wanted to know why Andre suddenly felt the need to make peace with everyone. He was a stubborn man but lately, he had been so forgiving for unknown reasons.

Kenny nodded as well holding eye contact with me again.

         To help ease my noticeable awkwardness Andre took a sip of whatever content was in his cup before deciding to walk off to another side of the room along with Twon starting up a new conversation.

"Imma let yall catch up." He slapped Kenny on the back gently while leaving.

         Neither one of us knew what to say as low music played in the living room. It had been so long since we'd had a decent conversation. I never desired anything serious with Kenneth and he didn't want long-term commitment either, but somehow conflict still came about from our peculiar relationship.

"So how's life been treatin' you?" I asked a rather generic question.

He chuckled, "okay, but I did miss comin' around."

"Yeah, you've missed a lot."

"Yeah, most definitely but workin' and helping to raise a child will do that to you."