EX:42

Chapter 42

Tiana's Perspective

"Communication to a relationship is like oxygen to life. Without it... it dies."-Tony Gaskins

.......

         THE past few weeks had been very reflective and I was trying my best to cope with a lot of intense emotions while still putting my priorities first. I was starting to realize that ignoring my problems in life would not always make them go away. Pushing things to the side only dug me into a much deeper hole.

         After sitting and speaking with my father a few times I thought I would take the time today to face one of my problems with the person that kept me up through most of the night. It was a Saturday afternoon and I had absolutely nothing to distract me from my various thoughts. Keeping myself busy for the past several weeks had been mandatory to stop thinking and stressing over the major things taking place in my life.

        I gripped the steering wheel of my car in a sturdy manner to keep it in place before lightly pressing down on the gas. After waiting in a long line at the nail salon all morning to get a simple eyebrow wax there was still so much time to spare and I didn't feel like heading home any time soon.

          I had made plenty of mistakes in life, but using someone for my own convenience had never been one. Although Owen was a very understanding man it wasn't my intention to use him, but lately, I had been doing that a lot.

Hopefully, he was at home today and didn't mind me stopping by to talk to him.

I drove down a busy road at a constant speed turning up the radio to distract me from overthinking like I usually did.

When I arrived at his place of residence there were a bunch of people outside, which was normal during the weekends. I noticed a vacant spot next to his truck pulling into it.

I was glad I hadn't driven all the way over here for nothing.

As I walked to his front door nervousness started to kick in. I had no idea of what to say and the fact that I hadn't thought about that on the way over here frustrated me even more.

       I heard the loud laughter of a female while preparing to knock on his front door which made me infatuated with curiosity. I inhaled a large amount of air before knocking. The commotion inside the apartment became louder as I heard the sound of the door unlocking.

I looked around aimlessly as the door swung open revealing Sixty on the other side of it. The smile on her face dropped being replaced with an expression of surprise.

"Girl I haven't seen you in forever." She spoke in an awkward tone.

I'm certain she had no idea of what to say. After things were cut off with Owen I became a little too distant from everyone trying my hardest to focus on myself alone.

"Hey... I know... everything's been.... there's just been a lot going on... with me."

Apparently, I had no clue of what to say either.

"I get it," a sympathetic expression crossed her face as she leaned against the door.

"Who is it?"