EX:49

Chapter 49~ FINAL PART 1

Tiana's Perspective

"The day I met you was the beginning of everything."-Michael Bliss

THE day was here. It was finally here. The day that I had hoped and prayed for. The day that all of my hard work had paid off and the day that I would remember for the rest of my life. The last two months were hectic but, I had finally received my degree.

It all seemed unreal. Nothing about the day seemed to be a part of reality. I had given my blood, sweat, and tears into the past two years and things had worked out for the better.

Heavy textbooks crowded the backseat floor of my car. I quickly threw them into my old black bookbag. I was in a rush to get to my campus bookstore before it closed for the semester.

There were so many things to do today with very little time.

Not only was Ally throwing me a big graduation party but my father wanted to take me out for dinner tonight as well. Not to mention, I was receiving gifts and phone calls back to back and I still needed to get a few more things straightened out before moving out in a couple of days. In addition to that, I had a graduation ceremony the next morning.

I was all over the place.

As I closed the backseat car door a loud yell startled me almost making me drop my notebook on the ground. I turned around coming face to face with Donny in the student parking lot. He had a gigantic smile on his face with a cardinal yellow gift bag in his hands.

"Congratulations sweetheart," he threw me into a short hug before handing me the gift bag.

"Thanks dad," I opened the backseat car door again sitting the bag down. Donny gave me a strange look after I shut the door back.

I was very appreciative of his gift but the only thing I could think of was getting to the bookstore. I was short on money right now and having to pay late fees for a couple of textbooks was not worth it.

"You're not going to open it? I thought you'd be more excited?"

"No... I am... it's just that I really need to get to the bookstore before five."

He nodded his head understanding my urgent mood before allowing me to rush off.

"Okay well, don't take too long. I want to take you a few places first before dinner."

"Alright," I yelled back at him while walking at a fast pace to the campus bookstore a few feet away.

When I arrived in the bookstore there was an extremely long line making me aggravated. I guess everyone needed to turn their books in at the last minute.

"Looks like I'm going to be rushing all day today," I mumbled before taking a spot in line.

Ally's Perspective

I took a napkin wiping the pink frosting off of my fingertips. After throwing the used napkin in the trash can and washing my hands the front door shot open revealing Kacey.

"What took you so long?" I asked while rushing into the living room to take a few grocery bags out of her hands.

"I was searchin' for ranch dressing at every goddamn store in Savannah."