EX:32

Chapter 32

Angie's Perspective

"In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you."-Andrea Dykstra

•••••••

         MY hand sat still in place with the intent of moving rapidly as a black pen stood placed in between my index finger and thumb. My eyes scanned over the document one too many times while scattered thoughts conveyed my mind.

       This was the moment. A defining moment that would stick with me for the rest of my life. This past year I was more than ready to get this moment over with, but now that it was here in the present I was suddenly feeling conflicted because once I signed these papers everything would truly change.

        Not only would things change in my life, but my actions would affect Jamal and Jayla as well. After signing these papers and leaving this courtroom my marriage would finally be over with. I looked across the room at Jeremy as he casually signed his papers with no concern. I was curious as to what was going on in his mind as his pen moved swiftly however I needed to hurry, we had limited time before the next case would come forward.

"Are you okay Angie?" My attorney asked observing my unsigned papers.

"Yes I'm fine, I was just... thinking."

My attorney nodded her head understanding.

I began signing the papers as quickly as possible to catch up with Jeremy's pace.

     For some reason, I thought the divorce process would take at least two years, but things moved rather quickly. Jeremy wasn't a selfish man either, so money or property wasn't an issue. He agreed to provide financial support to his children and he also wanted to still help support me until I could find a higher paying job to manage my bills.

       I also expected the divorce to tear us further apart out of greed and selfishness, but nothing of that sort happened, we remained cordial with one another, although we were always good friends before becoming romantically involved.

        Once I was done signing my portion of the papers I quickly closed the brown folder giving me no further room to overthink. I glanced over at Jeremy one last time to see that he was already looking at me with curiosity and his hands behind his back.

"You okay?" I whispered in his direction.

"Yes... I am," his voice was stoic as we both turned toward the judge before us.

Our lawyers took the folders filled with documents that would legally separate us both for life handing them over to the judge.

"Angie and Jeremy, are you both positive about this decision?"

"Yes," we both agreed.

"Alright, then on behalf of Wasco County I officially declare Angie Woods and Jeremy Hamilton divorced partners. The final documents will be processed this afternoon and an official document of evidence should come in the mail about two weeks from now. Thank you all for your time today."

The judge hit his gavel ending the brief court session releasing us entirely.

I grabbed my purse to the side of me throwing it onto my shoulder.