- 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

┏━━━┓
FOUR
┗━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER IITHE PAST AND THE FUTURE

𓃬
CHAPTER II
THE PAST AND THE FUTURE

Cassius Lannister was more experienced with a sword when he was sixteen than when his own brother Jaime Lannister was twenty. It seemed he was born to wield a sword, swinging it with such ease and precision even the man-at-arms at Casterly Rock feared duelling with him. Not only was he good with a sword, he was as talented with a lance and a bow, winning tournament after tournament and raking in more satchels of gold than a man could count. He was a man of many talents, talents that made him more worthy than any other man in existence, perhaps even worthier than The Conqueror himself.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter II of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

CASSIUS FIGURED IT WOULD BE KIND TO HELP THE SEVERAL PEOPLE WORKING ON THE TOURNAMENT. He knew it was hard work, and that it would be appreciated if they had extra help.

       His family didn't care for the opinions of the small folk, considering them only fleas among lions. Cassius didn't share the same opinion, being amongst them while brawling has made him more aware, realising they were just men and women doing what they had to do to survive in a city that did not care for them. He had a certain kind of respect for them, seeing as they were able to keep fighting for themselves even in such horrible circumstances. He admired them for that.

       He figured it would at least improve the Lannister reputation by a little among small folk, making it seem as if they weren't just a family who took a shit on anyone but their own kin.

       His family would laugh and shame him if they would see him now, dirty with mud and sand on his face, clothing and hands, his shirt soaked with sweat as he carried another wooden pillar over to the field. He granted himself a small break after, sitting down on the side of the field, trying to catch his breath as he wiped his filthy hands on his breeches.

       He squinted his eyes as he noticed one of lord Stark's men approach Ser Hugh of the Vale. He didn't like it one bit, how Stark was keeping himself busy with things which were none of his concern.

       The lord had been keeping himself more and more busy with the concerns Jon Arryn had just before his death, he didn't need Stark also meddling with these affairs.

       Cassius was not a fool, he knew his nephews and his niece were bastards, born of incest between Jaime and Cersei. It was hard not to know, with their Lannister blonde locks and green eyes. The cruelty Joffrey possessed only made it more clear, the case similar to the Targaryens, who turned more cruel over time due to the incest in their family.