- 𝙵𝚘𝚛𝚝𝚢

┏━━━━┓
FORTY
┗━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XXIITHE CRIMSON KING

𓃬
CHAPTER XXII
THE CRIMSON KING

The imprisonment of Lord Tyrion Lannister, the vanishing of Lady Sansa Stark. Most importantly, the death of King Joffrey. In a whim, the realm was left without a king, a ruler in such trying times. But that was not what worried the people, what worried them was the boy that would inherit the throne. What would become of a kingdom ruled by a boy? A playground while people starved? Little did they know, their kingdom would never see such prosperity again under the rule of their new king.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XXII of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

HAVING SEEN THE MANY SLAVES WITH HER OWN EYES, DAENERYS WISHED TO FREE THEM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. As soon as the Unsullied had finished setting up camp, she began to study the map of Meereen she had been provided. Rickard stood by her side, watching her every move as her calculating eyes moved around the parchment.

It was clear she wished to infiltrate the city, as she had done with Yunkai and Astapor. Rickard admired how much she had learned since meeting her. She had become a strong woman, stronger than she was before. She would only become stronger as time went on.

       If she would go on like this, Rickard would not know how Cassius would defeat her, especially not once her dragons would be full grown. The Targaryen line was hers, but Cassius came close to claiming it as his own as one of the illegitimate children of Rhaella Targaryen, made legitimate by King Aerys Targaryen.

While Rickard dreamed on, Daenerys called upon her advisors and commanders to form a plan of attack. She had already figured out the most of her plan of attack, but wanted their reassurance as any proper queen would.

       Slowly the generals came streaming through the tent flaps, lining up one by one around the war table with the map spread out across it. When they were all gathered, Daenerys cleared her throat to get their attention, and wake up her lover.

       Immediately he focused, and his eyes slipped to the map. His eyes followed her finger as they began moving over the map, until they stopped right at the edge of one of Meereen's outer walls. The wall contained a sewage system, leading to the river to which Meereen was built.

"This is a sewage system, which is accessible through the river." Her head moved to look at Nakyrio and Grey Worm, who were standing next to each other. "Do you think that — disguised as slaves — you two could take a handful of troops inside to rally the slaves against the masters?"