- 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

┏━━━━━━━┓
THIRTY-NINE
┗━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━┓THIRTY-NINE┗━━━━━━━┛

𓃬
CHAPTER XXI
A NEW BEGINNING

When news spread of King Joffrey's death, every man, woman, child and animal breathed a collective sigh of relief. The people had been freed from another tyrant, and the chance was created for a new, better king to take his place. But the people could not hide their worry. What if the next king would be just as cruel? Perhaps even worse? They took to the streets, and made the life of the City Watch harder than ever before. But those concerns were unnecessary, for their new king would be one of the greatest Westeros had, and will ever see.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XXI of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

WHAT FOLLOWED WAS A WHIRLWIND OF CHAOS, EMOTIONS AND PAIN. Sansa hadn't known quite how to exactly feel seeing Joffrey falling down to the ground with blood spilling from every hole in his face. She felt so much emotions that had been gone for so long. Relief, elation, most of all a will to get away from the Capital.

She was pulled from her thoughts by a hand gripping her wrist, pulling her away from the commotion.

"We must leave, Sansa. Now is the perfect time." A voice hissed in her ear, Giedrick she knew.

And he was right. It was mayhem. Guards ran from their posts right to Joffrey, all eyes trained on the lifeless boy laying on the wedding floor. All everyone's eyes could hear were the cries of Cersei as she mourned for her oldest son, and the shouts of her father and brothers as they barked orders around.

No one would notice a single knight and a lady leaving. And if they would, then they would think it to be for other reasons than escaping the capital.

"Ros and Shae are ready. The boat has been completely loaded up. We will be out of here before nightfall." Giedrick murmured to her as he pulled her further away, weaving her through the gardens and leading her down the stairs.

By the time they were halfway to the docks — and people began to notice they were gone — the bells were ringing, signalling calamity. But it was too late for them to be caught now. Before any soldier would find any trace, their ship will have already sailed from Blackwater Bay, further inland.

Giedrick whipped a cloak around Sansa, pulling up the hood for her while checking if she was okay. When she gave him a small smile, he looked back at his front again, throwing his own hood up as well.