- 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

┏━━━━━┓
SIXTEEN
┗━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER IXTHE KING OF THE PEOPLE

𓃬
CHAPTER IX
THE KING OF THE PEOPLE

What the people of King's Landing believed, was not wrong. Cassius did care about them, after all they were the ones who made King's Landing what it was. They paid their taxes faithfully, they made the economy in King's Landing bloom of suffer. He realised he was a privileged man. Had it not been for his father, then he would maybe even live the exact same lives as them. To him, they were his equals, and he would always treat them with the respect they deserve. He was the only one to bat an eye to them, and something as precious and rare as that they would never dare forget. Not in a million years.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter IX of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

THE DAY HAD COME WHERE MYRCELLA WOULD GO TO DORNE. Cassius was seated on her bed, reading through one of the many books in her room as her handmaidens helped her pack up the last of her belongings.

       She was clearly more nervous than before now that the day had arrived, sighing deeply every five minutes and her eyes drifting off to Cassius every once in a while, as to make sure she knew exactly what he looked like, for if she wouldn't see him again.

       Of course she would get to see him again, Cassius would make sure to visit her whenever he could, but she always liked to make sure.

       Cassius closed his book, getting off of her bed and walking over to where her chests full of her belongings stood. He opened the one which contained all the books he had chosen for her to read whenever she had nothing to do in Dorne. Some were informative, about the history of Westeros or Essos. Others were fictional, about love stories and dramatic stories.

       Neatly he placed the book on the top of the pile before closing up the chest, patting it before raising to his full height again.

       "It's scarier now, isn't it? Now that the day is truly there." Cassius asked as he stood next of her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder while she wrapped hers around his waist.

       "It is now that I've realised I will truly be leaving." She muttered, letting a sigh slip past her plump lips.

       "I felt the same the first time I ever left Casterly Rock for Dorne, it's a feeling you will never get used to either, it will always be nerve racking." He pressed a kiss to the top of her head.

He pulled a small necklace from his pocket. The chain was gold, a gold pendant hanging from it shaped in the head of a roaring lion, with two rubies encrusted into it for the eyes.