- 𝚃𝚎𝚗

┏━━┓
TEN
┗━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER VTHE END OF THE WOLF

𓃬
CHAPTER V
THE END OF THE WOLF

Arianne Martell was a sensitive topic to Cassius Lannister. He wished not to think about her, yet she seemed to be the only thing in his mind. He wished not to dream about her, yet his dreams were filled with her. He wanted her to leave his mind, but she had forced her way in, and would never leave ever again. He regretted letting himself grow so close to her while he stayed in Dorne. What he regretted even more was letting her slip right through his fingers. A mistake he would forever remember, even during his happiest days.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, chapter V of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       THE FIRST THING CASSIUS DID WHEN HE WAS DISMISSED, WAS BRING SANSA TO HER CHAMBER. When she was safely there, she let her guard down. Waterfalls of tears came from her eyes as she sobbed into Cassius's chest, the both seated on her bed. Cassius didn't even think about letting her go, holding her as tight as he could and whispering sweet words in her ear to hopefully make her feel a bit better. He didn't think it would work seeing as she just saw her father get beheaded, but there was no reason not to try.

       When she calmed down a bit, and pulled her head from his chest, Cassius wasn't surprised to see the broken and empty look on both her face and in her eyes.

       He went to grab some wine from the table, but Sansa held his arm tightly, not wanting him to go. He complied, wrapping his arms around her again.

       "He-He took my father's head. I pleaded for mercy and he took it." She muttered blankly, her voice thick and hoarse.

       "I know this will not make you feel better, but that is Joffrey. He is as cruel as they come Sansa, he will take any opportunity to torture or kill anyone. All he likes to see is a living and breathing thing in pain that he forced upon them. Now that you are here without anyone else to keep you safe, it is best to do as he says and not anger him. He will only make you suffer more if you do not listen." He mumbled to her.

       When she did not speak, Cassius did again. "I should leave Sansa, it is better if you get some rest and go to sleep."

       "Please don't go." She held an iron grip on his arm, refusing to let him go.

He nodded at her, it's not like he was gonna get much sleep anyway. He turned away from her as she went to put on some more comfortable sleeping wear. When the bed sunk, he opened his eyes again.

Despite her worn out and broken face, Sansa was still one of the most beautiful girls Cassius had ever seen.

She went to lay down in her bed, Cassius stil sitting on the side awkwardly.