- 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝚂𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

┏━━━━━━━━┓
THIRTY-SEVEN
┗━━━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━┓THIRTY-SEVEN┗━━━━━━━━┛

𓃬
CHAPTER XXI
A NEW BEGINNING

As the Royal wedding came closer, so did the nerves of many. The Queen Regent would out all her nerves on her handmaidens, and the Queen of Thorns would settle for nothing less than perfection. All eyes were upon this wedding. But there was a much bigger problem across the Narrow Sea. Daenerys Targaryen was crossing the lands of Essos, and each day she came a little closer to the west. Each day her dragons grew, now the size of large horses. They killed and burned their prey, and soon they would kill and burn at her command.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XXI of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       CASSIUS HAD MISSED THE SUNLIGHT FILLED HALLS OF KING'S LANDING. They would never compare to the halls of Casterly Rock, carved out of a cliff side with the eastern wind brushing through your hair, but they were welcome. It was home after all, though a rather disappointing and filthy home.

       After days of non stop work, he was ready to collapse into his comfortable bed, surrounded by his furry children as they too welcomed sleep, he could rid himself of his armour then, and wait for evening to fall, after which he would dine only to sleep comfortably again. It had been weeks since he had done so, and it would surely be weeks until he would get the chance to again.

       Cassius was calmly walking, nearing his chamber, when suddenly he felt lightheaded. In a matter of seconds, he was sucked into a memory that was not his.

       The broken-hearted screeches of Balerion the Black Dread filled Cassius's ears. But were they truly his own, or those of a man who went before him? He was furious, the gigantic dragon spouting black smoke from his nostrils and clawing the ground with pitch black talons.

       But it did not equate to the anger that coursed through Cassius veins, only rivalled by the pain and sadness he felt. It was as if his heart had been ripped out and was being crushed time and time again. His throat constricted, hot tears falling from his eyes and choked sobs spilling from his mouth.

       His knuckles — gripping the wooden balustrade that let him look down upon King's Landing in its beginning state — turned white with how tight he held the oak. He was utterly furious, and he wanted to see blood spill for the crime that had been committed.

       "They killed her! They killed my wife, my sister! I will have them burn before I ever show those godless beings respect ever again!" He seethed, whirling around to face the woman to which he spoke.