- 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
TWENTY-THREE
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XIVTHE SILVER QUEEN AND THE CRIMSON ARCHER

𓃬
CHAPTER XIV
THE SILVER QUEEN AND THE CRIMSON ARCHER

Cassius's main drive had always been to protect his family. It was a quality his father both appreciated and hated. To Cassius, family meant not just those he grew up around, but also those with who he shared blood with. Daenerys Targaryen was one of those people. Together, they shared a mother, that was enough for Cassius to believe she was family. Truly they were not, but all would come in time.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XIV of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

THE SUN WAS SHINING DOWN ON HIS BACK AS HE STOOD IN THE GARDENS. Arianne's arm was hooked around his, as they spoke fondly of something. Cassius could not make out the words, no matter how hard he tried. Not long after they continued their stroll, until they were all the way near a closed off pavilion. It was surrounded with leaves and vines and flowers, shielding them away from anyone who was in the gardens as well.

       He felt a weight on his head, and a band of what seemed like some type of metal around his head. Slowly he reached up his free hand, feeling for what it was. He pulled the item off his head as Arianne talked away.

       When he pulled it off, his eyes were met with a golden crown. The band was made of solid gold, engraved with roaring lions with encrusted rubies for eyes. Every four inches the gold band was stretched out, moulded into a three headed dragon as they screeched out atop his head.

       He put the crown back on his head, his shaky fingers going back to lay on the hilt of Goldenfyre.

       Arianne led him to sit down on the railing, holding his hand as she smiled sweetly at him. Cassius grinned, lifting up her hand and pressing a kiss to the back of it.

       His grin slowly fell when he let his eyes drift to the Blackwater Bay.

       A cream and golden, shimmering creature was beating its wings, flying straight for King's Landing, straight for him.

       The creature rolled in the air as it approached, an ear piercing screech reaching Cassius ears. His eyes widened, turning to Arianne and shouting at her to leave.

       A dragon, a dragon was coming for him.

He was frozen to the ground, not because he couldn't move, he didn't want to. He watched in wonder as the dragon flew closer and closer, its cream and golden scales reflecting the bright sun rays shining down on them.