- 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢

┏━━━━┓
THIRTY
┗━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XIXA LION'S DUTY

𓃬
CHAPTER XIX
A LION'S DUTY

It is said that throughout our king's life, he had spent many days studying the history the Targaryens had regarding visions and prophecies. The Targaryens — some of them at least — possessed the power to see in the future, as did Daenys the Dreamer, who saved the Targaryens after a prophetic dream she had that showed her the Doom of Valyria twelve years before the calamity would actually take place. Why Cassius Lannister studied these dreams and prophecies no one ever knew, but it was clear they meant much to him. In my time of service at King's Landing, I have pondered many hours as to why he would do this. The only logical answer I could find is that Cassius himself suffered from these dreams — or prophecies — and he wished to know more about their meaning and why if was he who had these dreams. He would die, never knowing why he was the one chosen to dream those dreams, if all I now write was true. If not, then maybe he just wished to know his many ancestors, and the magic they seemed to possess.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XIX of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       CASSIUS SPED THROUGH THE HALLS OF KING'S LANDING. He was confused, it was as if his body was moving by itself, like he knew exactly where to go and who he was to see. He did not know why he was here, or what he was doing here. The last thing he remembers was that he was sleeping by Arianne's side, but she was not here. No one he knew was here, all faces were unknown to Cassius.

       He looked around more closely as he walked, eyes falling upon the banners that hung from the walls and the ceiling. The banners of House Targaryen, a red, three headed dragon on a field of pitch black. Why were the halls of displayed with banners of House Targaryen? As he looked even more closely, he noticed that these were not even the halls of the Red Keep, rather reminding him of a lacklustre built keep.

       Where was he, and how did he get here? Was this another dream? Or perhaps another vision brought to him by someone or something he did not know?

       His attention went back to himself as he stopped before two men, he presumed one was a Maester, and the other the Hand of the King. He had never seen them before, for it was clear these were not Pycelle and his father.

       But his concern was not knowing who they were, the only concern was how his wife was feeling, and how his child was feeling.  

       "How is she?" He asked, a type of fear lacing his words seeing the uneasy look of both men.

       "Alive and well Your Grace." Spoke the Maester, his linked chains rattling lightly with the movement as he turned to Cassius.