- 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚂𝚒𝚡

┏━━━━━━━┓
TWENTY-SIX
┗━━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XVIIDEATH TO THE KING

𓃬
CHAPTER XVII
DEATH TO THE KING

King Joffrey, the First of His Name, a King who had been written down in the history books as a tyrant, a demon, a monster even. His death caused for the entirety of Westeros to silently weep in joy, happiness that the boy king had been removed from the Iron Throne. Yet still, a question lingered, one that even now still floats around the halls of the Red Keep decades after his death. Had he truly choked? Or had he been murdered in cold blood? Was it someone who stood by his side? Had it truly been his dwarf uncle who had hated him so much, or should we have dug deeper?

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XVII of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

CASSIUS WAS READY TO GO TO SLEEP, WHEN HIS SISTER LET HERSELF INTO HIS CHAMBERS. He had expected to see her mad, disappointed, betrayed, perhaps even saddened. She wasn't, instead she was calm and composed as she slowly stalked inside his bed chamber. She sat down next to Cassius, and to his surprise, took his hand in her own and leaned her head on his shoulder. He let out a small breath, his own hand tightening around hers and his head going down to rest upon hers.

"You're getting married."

He nodded. "I'm getting married."

"I suppose you're quite happy with the match. Arianne Martell, a real catch." She told him in discontent, the sour smile on her face highlighted by the moonlight that creeped from between the shutters, down onto her perfectly shaped features.

"Do you really want to talk about Arianne Martell with me?" Cassius asked her, though he already knew the answer.

       Cersei resented the Martell, because a part of Cassius's heart belonged to her. Because of Arianne Martell, Cersei would never fully have the heart of her brother the way he had hers. She despised Arianne for it, for her beauty and her spirited and stubborn nature that Cassius loved so much in a woman.

       She chuckled sharply. "No, no I do not."

       In the silence that fell, Cassius raised her hand to his lips, pressing a few soft kisses onto the back and her knuckles. She sighed, the stress and misery that flowed through her fading slowly at the attention she received from her brother. No one could make her feel her the way Cassius did, not her children, not Jaime or anyone else. No one could make her feel loved and adored the way Cassius did it.