- 𝚂𝚒𝚡

┏━━┓
SIX
┗━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER IIIA BROTHER'S LOVE

𓃬
CHAPTER III
A BROTHER'S LOVE

Cassius family was filled with pride. Something he recognised well enough in his sister. Cersei Lannister was a cunning woman, cruel when she wished to be. One of her many victims was her very own half-brother. Cassius made it a priority to treat his entire family with respect. His father, his two brothers, even his sister who cared so little for him she would not even bother to bat an eye at him when they were younger. It was when they both grew that her poison would be spewed at Cassius. Even that did not break him the way she wanted to break him. He stood fast, and he would continue to do so.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter III of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       OPPOSITE OF HIS BROTHER, CASSIUS REFUSED TO FLEE THE CITY WITH HIM. If there were any consequences to his actions, he wished to face them head on, and face the punishment he would be given.

       He was seated with Myrcella on his lap as Tommen showed him some new tricks he had taught the cat Cassius gave him for his eighth name day, who was named Ser Pounce. A fitting name, seeing as the cat had the most fun while pouncing on rats and mice, eating them right after. Cersei was sitting in front of him, tapping the table with her fingers while she held a goblet of wine in the other. He knew she was probably gonna bitch about Jaime again, but had no energy to speak against it. He also didn't want to leave now that he was in the presence of the two lovely children of his sister.

       "Why did you let him leave us behind in this disgusting city?" She asked, tilting her head at Cassius.

       "What did you want me to do? Drag him from his horse and chain him up so he couldn't go? He knew he was gonna get in trouble as soon as word would come out of what we did, and didn't want to face the consequences, so he left. I did not stop him, because he had the right to leave if he wanted to. Who am I to stop him anyway? I am just some bastard of father, who does all your dirty work. My only right is to listen, and do as you say - not command you to do this and that - is it not?"

       "You shouldn't speak of yourself this way, uncle. You are a nice and kind man, any person would be lucky to have you as their brother." Myrcella murmured into his neck as she awoke from her slumber due to her uncle's loud talk.

       He smiled down at the child, brushing her hair behind her ear. "Thank you my dear flower, your compliments do me well." He hugged her just a little tighter.

Cersei watched them with a doubting look, as if wanting to say something. She didn't, instead continuing her rant.

"And what will you do then when Robert finds out you were a part of this? He could strip you of being a knight, he could exile you or send you to the Wall."