- 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎

┏━━━┓
NINE
┗━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER VTHE END OF THE WOLF

𓃬
CHAPTER V
THE END OF THE WOLF

Cassius Lannister was a seasoned warrior, one who knew of battle tactics, who knew how to swing a sword and to how to shoot a bow. The only weakness in battle he had was that he could not take losses. A fault of his father, a way of thinking that had been engraved in his mind. Rather than teaching him how to better from failure, Tywin Lannister taught him that failure was not permitted. Failure had to be punished in a way that was cruel to both the body, and the mind. And Cassius? Cassius obeyed, because that was what a son would always do opposite his lord father.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter V of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

AS SOON AS CASSIUS HEARD ROBB STARK WAS MARCHING SOUTH, HE DECIDED TO TRAVEL TO JAIME. He wasn't going to let his family down and leave them to alone, after all Jaime needed someone to watch his back, and his father needed someone else to complain to, or about.

He wasn't capable of sleeping, so instead he wrote poems or songs to calm his nerves before he would ride out to battle.

Cassius has an immense love for music and poetry, and a pretty good voice. He only ever entrusted Myrcella, Arianne and Margaery with his singing talents, seeing as they were the only ones who really appreciated it whenever he sung.

Cassius didn't want to miss Lord Stark's trial in any way, only hoping he was capable of getting back in time to be there for Sansa when her father might be sentenced to death. The poor girl, pleading for her father's mercy not knowing what Joffrey was actually like, a cruel monster who would take any opportunity to kill anyone. Soon enough she'd know, wishing she had stayed in Winterfell. When those days will come, Cassius will be sure to stand next to her, to let her know she is not alone.

When the sun started rising, Cassius was still awake, reading a book about Robert's Rebellion, Sīmontan perched onto his shoulder. He looked over when the door opened, a visibly tired Giedrick entering.

"M'Lord." The boy mumbled, yawning right after.

"Giedrick, have you done what I asked?"

"Of course M'Lord, Lerion is waiting for you at the stables ready to ride."

"Good, and your own horse?"

Giedrick looked at him funny. "What M'Lord?"

"Your own horse, Wind. Giedrick, you do know you're coming with me right?"