- 𝙽𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

┏━━━━━━┓
NINETEEN
┗━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XITHE BASTARD OF THE BLACKWATER

𓃬
CHAPTER XI
THE BASTARD OF THE BLACKWATER

No one exactly knew what had Cassius Lannister had been up to before the Battle of the Blackwater. Some say he prayed, some say he spent all night and day before cooped up in his chambers to practice, some say his eyes could not stray away from the plan of battle, not until the bells rang. No one knows the truth, but whatever he did, seemed to be a drive for him to win this battle, crush the Baratheon troops. Not only did he win the Battle of the Blackwater, he devoured the Baratheon troops like a lion himself. The Bastard of the Blackwater was the title he had earned then, a title which he wore with pride, for it reminded him of the victory he himself had made happen.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XI of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       MOONLIGHT WAS THE ONLY SOURCE OF LIGHT IN CASSIUS'S CHAMBER. A shaky sigh fell from his lips as Giedrick was fastening his crimson red breastplate, the detailed gold scrollwork shining as it weaved around the brightly shining golden lion in the middle of his breastplate.

       Sansa couldn't keep her eyes off of the Lannister in front of her as he was being helped into his armour. He was the embodiment of the knights they would sing of in songs. Charming and strong, his crimson and golden armour shining under the soft whites of the moonlight, his emerald eyes glimmering.

       Giedrick himself was already strapped up in his armour, helped by Cassius before Giedrick did the same to him. His armour was beautiful, bearing the same colours Cassius was bearing. His armour did not compare to the one that graced Cassius body, the gilded crimson putting all others to shame.

       Tommen was seated next to Sansa on Cassius's bed, one arm wrapped around Lady, who was snuggled into him whereas his other hand was tightly gripping Sansa's hand. He had wanted to come see his uncle off, now that the moment was really there he couldn't help the tears that were stinging his eyes and the bile in the back of his throat. He had wanted to be strong, to send him off with a brave smile as if nothing was wrong. He wanted to show his uncle how strong he had become, but he was not capable of doing such a thing seeing how nervous even his own uncle was.

       Sansa looked at the little boy next to her, seeing the tears in his eyes. She squeezed his hand a little tighter, Tommen shuffling just a bit closer to her in retaliation.

       "Are you frightened?" Giedrick asked his lord as he finished strapping on his breastplate, looking at Cassius now that he was standing there fully armoured in all his glory.