- 𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

┏━━━━━┓
TWELVE
┗━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER VIIMORE THAN ENEMIES, MORE THAN FRIENDS

𓃬
CHAPTER VII
MORE THAN ENEMIES, MORE THAN FRIENDS

When a man would mention the Knight of Flowers, the Knight of Lions would soon follow. When a man mentioned the Gallant, the Just would follow soon after. Cassius was bound to the Tyrells in many ways as soon as he entered Highgarden. There had always been an unmentioned tension between House Lannister and House Tyrell, the richest House in the Seven Kingdoms and the second best. It was Cassius who dissolved part of this tension, created a friendship between two Houses that were in an invisible conflict for a long amount of time. Without realising, he had united these Houses, and the consequences were some that would change the world as we know it.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter VII of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

THE TRAVELS OF CASSIUS AND GIEDRICK HAD BEEN RATHER UNEVENTFUL. The only interesting thing that happened was when they entered an inn for some food, which ended in one of the biggest fights between commoners Cassius had ever seen. He wasn't surprised though, easily able to knock down every person who charged at them with the experience he had gained during the street fights he fought.

His behind had started to hurt with how much he had ridden, refusing to stop unless they were absolutely incapable of continuing. He wanted to get there as fast as he could, before any other party would beat him to it.

       They had taken a break, putting down a campfire on the side of the road they were riding on. Giedrick was slowly roasting a hare, turning it's skewer while sipping on a flask of water.

"You excited to see them again?" Cassius asked out of nowhere.

Giedrick looked up confusion. "Who, M'Lord?"

"The Tyrells, of course. You've been with me to Highgarden." Giedrick said with a smile on his face.

"Ah... yes, of course! We haven't seen them in a long time."

"Yes well... I'm afraid it will only be Garlan, Loras and Margaery for now." Giedrick sighed.

He had hoped to see them all again together, when they were the most fun together. One of the times he had laughed the most was every dinner during his stay in Highgarden. The Tyrells truly held a family bond, joking and playing with each other, jabbing at each other whenever they could and even making small jokes about Loras's preferences whenever he was comfortable with it. They were a family who truly cared for each other and loved each other, despite their differences.