- 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

┏━━━━┓
THREE
┗━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER IITHE PAST AND THE FUTURE

𓃬
CHAPTER II
THE PAST AND THE FUTURE

Cassius's past was a past many wished to have. First, a squire to a Prince of Dorne, then, ward to the Tyrells in the Reach. To many, it seemed a dream come true to travel so far to kingdoms and cities so famed and beautiful. Had they known the past behind the Raging Lion - the true past that had made him the man he was - they would have not even thought about wishing for a life like his.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter II of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

AFTER A MONTH OF RIDING, THEY HAD FINALLY ARRIVED AT KING'S LANDING. Cassius sighed in relief at the warm air breezing against his skin, a few small grains of sand and dirt grazing his face. It wasn't Casterly Rock, Highgarden or Sunspear, but it was a city he was more comfortable in. He didn't even mind the smell of shit that much the way he would usually mind it.

His horse Lerion stood calmly with him, waiting to be led towards the royal stables. Cassius passed the reins to a stable boy, nodding at him gratefully as Lerion was led to fresh water and food.

A bark made him look behind him, greeted by the sight of a shy Sansa together with Lady by her side. "Lady Sansa."

"Cassius, I wanted to thank you for saving Lady."

Cassius smiled at the girl. "Of course Sansa, it was the right thing to do. No animal deserves to suffer the consequences of a human." He pet the wolf behind the ear, the beast leaning into his touch.

"Excited to be here?" He asked her.

Sansa's face lit up at the question. "Yes! It's even more beautiful than I could've imagined!"

He chuckled. "Wait until you get to the gardens, they don't compete with those in Highgarden, but are definitely a sight to see."

"I will look forward to it." She curtsied. Cassius bowed his head before turning and making his way to the Red Keep.

       He always liked to go through King's Landing on foot, despite the horrible smell and the rude citizens. It was a good way to realise just how lucky he came out to be. For all he knew, he could've been one of the men here on the side, trying to sell whatever they could for enough money to get their children something to eat. Luckily he had a father who wanted to take him in. It was a way for him to stay down to earth, to not let all the power his house had get to his head like it had done to his other family members.

       It also learned him how to see things from a different perspective, and how to act in different ways nobility wouldn't, which allowed him to blend in when it was needed seeing as not everyone immediately recognises him without his name.