- 𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

┏━━━━━━┓
FOURTEEN
┗━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER VIIIHIS WRATH, HIS LOVE

𓃬
CHAPTER VIII
HIS WRATH, HIS LOVE

Cassius Lannister was one of the only men brave enough to stand up to the Boy King, Joffrey. He and his brother Tyrion did not fear him, rather they mocked and ridiculed him. They stood united against his actions, and tried their best to protect those who could not protect themselves against the Boy King. Joffrey Baratheon would soon come to admire his younger uncle. Not only because he was one to stand up to him, but because of the cruelties that were set deep in his mind. The Raging Lion was one who was admired, even by those who he would be forever wrapped in conflict with.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter VIII of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       WHEN CASSIUS ENTERED MYRCELLA'S CHAMBER, HE WAS SURPRISED TO SEE HER CALM. It seemed like nothing was wrong, like she wasn't going to be one the other side of Westeros in a matter of days.

       She was seated before her vanity, running a brush through her silky gold hair. She didn't bother turning around to ask what Cassius was doing here, she already knew exactly why.

       Cassius sighed, walking towards her until he stood behind her. Then he went through his knees, softly taking her brush and starting to run it through her hair.

       "How are you feeling?" He asked her in a whisper, putting the brush aside when he was finished and starting to braid her hair.

       "I'm... nervous. I just don't know what to expect." She muttered to him.

       "Dorne is a beautiful place Myrcella, in some ways it reminds me of King's Landing. The weather is the same, as is some of the architecture."

       "Can you tell me more about Dorne, and the Martells?"

       "Of course I can my dear flower. The Martells are intimidating at first, when you do not yet know them. When you start to know them, they are a tight knit family, even the bastards of Prince Oberyn Martell live at court. Which is a good thing, because it would not be the same without them. I think you'll love the Water Gardens, they're beautiful and calming, perfect to take a stroll through. The air smells nothing like King's Landing, it's fresh, smelling like their flowers planted in the gardens. Once you venture into Sunspear it smells of spices and metal, a strangely soothing smell."

       "What of Prince Trystane?" She asked him curiously.

       "Well... the last time I saw him was eight years ago, just before I went to Highgarden. He was only five years old at the time, so I am afraid I don't know much about him now. But when he was younger he was always cheerful, he was a natural born prince, and I told myself he would grow up to be quite handsome. I'm sure you'll be very happy in Dorne, though it hurts me to know you're leaving." He murmured, getting up as he finished with her hair.