- 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛

┏━━━━━━━━┓
THIRTY-FOUR
┗━━━━━━━━┛

𓃬CHAPTER XXTHE BATTLE FOR CASTERLY ROCK

𓃬
CHAPTER XX
THE BATTLE FOR CASTERLY ROCK

The battle for Casterly Rock ended as fast as it began. The ignorant Young Wolf and his forces were beat down in a matter of minutes. Robb Stark — blinded by his pride and his desire for revenge — ended the lives of thousands of his men, despite the warnings that had been given to him by not only Cassius Lannister, but his own wife and his mother. His fifteen thousand men were no match for the large army that Cassius had gathered together. Blood, death and decay was all that was left. The fields before the Lions Den ran red, filled with limbs and intestines and the heads of the enemy. The North had not seen such a defeat since Aegon the Conqueror's conquest of the North.

Grandmaester Ferdinand, Chapter XX of The Raging Lion, King of Kings.
𓃬

—————

       THE WARHORNS HAD BEEN SOUNDED, ROBB STARK AND HIS MEN WERE NEARING. Cassius stood unmoving, a squire hard at work to fasten his armour. Giedrick stood with him in the corner of his chamber, together with Daniel. They spoke no words, but shared worried glances to each other from time to time.

       Cassius had not spoken a single word since the horns had been blown upon, their deep rumble sounding throughout all of Casterly Rock. Usually the Lannister would try to ease his mind and the minds of his closest men by meaningless just, even if its just to lift the spirits a little. But now he said nothing, his face harsh and cold as his helm was thrusted into his hands.

       He turned on his heel as the squire finished fastening his full plate armour, facing his two closest friends. He gave them both a nod and held their shoulder, squeezing it tight before letting go.

       "The Stark boy chose his own faith, My Lord. There is nothing we can do about it if his own mother and wife cannot convince him." Daniel tried to comfort, but it was no use.

       Cassius hummed. "Yet it is only because he is hurting, his father has been murdered in cold blood, even after he confessed his mistake and declared Joffrey the rightful king. He will die because of the mistakes my nephew has made, the way so many others died. Because of his sick pleasures another lord will die, while trying to fight for. What he believes is right."

       "There is nothing to be done, Cassius. Whether we like it or not, Joffrey is the King. You and Lord Tywin have been succeeding in keeping most of the power out of his hands, but still then he has more say than you. Whenever he wants something he will get it." Giedrick followed up, eyes softening as his brother figure finally let it slip what bothered him so much.